Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas Prices

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ProJunkRacing, Aug 31, 2005.

1. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

Ok ok i know this is a lil off topic but i wanted to let the non paying members reply on average how much has gas gone up by you lately ? what do u spend on gas in a week ? and to boot how much is gas in everybody's local areas?

her is varies from 3.09-3.33 for regular 87 octane and some stations are even out

-Phil

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I filled up all of my vehicles on Monday for $2.33 a gallon. Today gas was $2.99 and in a couple towns over it was as high as $3.29.

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

It rose $.57 in a matter of 6 hours at one station here in town, $.40 at another and $.15 at the cheap station. I just drove by and the cars are lined up from the pumps, down the entrance to the gas station, down the entrance to the complex its in, and in the street. This is about a total of 1/8-3/16 of a mile backup for fuel. The station that jumped $.57 is a ghost town.

Whats worse is that i see NOBODY doing a thing about the price gouging. If somebody doesnt step in quick there will be major problems. Whats even worse than this, is that we will all get acustomed to this, and when it drops back down to $3.00 a gallon we will be happy it dropped, forgetting the fact that $3.00 is still double what they were paying a year and half ago.

4. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

3.10 here in Chiloquin...Funny thing is, i read it was .52$ when i was born.

But we still 4x4 to death here in the hills, **** the politics.
    Eddie

5. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

I filled up yesterday for 2.47 for 87 octane. I left town for about 4 hours. When I got back it was 2.55. That gas station still has fuel for that price so I went and topped off and filled my jerry can also. This station is the cheapest in town. Everywhere else its about 2.70 or so.

6. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

It was still .95 cents to a dollar when I was 19 :mad:

7. chevy_mud_84

chevy_mud_84 Registered Member

I live in Onatrio, Canada and for regualr right now where i am its 124.9 for regual 87 octane and almost 2 dollars for supreme. And my truck eats gas, so im not doin so well.

8. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I don't know about anywhere else, but here in Oregon, price gouging is illegal, so thats a plus.

9. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

gas went up about .40 cents

good thing i have a ford ranger with a 2.3 liter for a DD :)

10. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Earlier when I got gas it was 115.6 a litre for regular. Tomarrow it is rumored to go up here. Who got enough land to hide a few tankers. Going have to start hijacking fuel trucks. :haha: Well I am off to Wal-Mart to look at padel bikes.

11. NorCalGMC

NorCalGMC Registered Member

up about $.30 in northern california, so now its about $3.05 to $3.15..... i just filled my k5 for $70!

12. TXFSHRMAN

TXFSHRMAN Registered Member

im glad for the wifes car

right now in virginia beach the price for gas is about...3.05...so im glad i bought my wife her jetta station wagon except for the suv she wanted....although i miss driving my truck around, shell have to be parked for a while atlest till the prices drop

13. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Just filled up tonight for 2.81 at albertson's for unleaded and 2.85 at cirkle K for diesel, some stations I saw were over $3 though. I heard some states may be rationed due to an increased need for rescuers in LA, and that one of the pipelines running from TX to AZ has leaks and will be shut off for repairs. Those are both just rumors though, I haven't been able to verify either.

14. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

this really sucks it is like you cant afford to drive anywhere anymore . my gf goes to school 30 min south of here and i am going to go take her to dinner and go to farm and fleet tonight to get my last shooping done for the k10 she is almost ready to run , but the price is killin me i am glas i quit my job that was 40 mins away to find one that is 8 mins away it is a definate plus . until she started goin to school again a tank would last me 2 weeks since i was just goin to work but this sucks. but the question is wat can u do about iT? what just bend over and take it or what? also i would venture to say that tanker drivers would undoubtably carry guns with these prices.

i heard in the 70's people would go to cars in parking lots and siphon gas outta their tanks bc it was so much what next?

-phil :doah: :eek1:

15. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Yeh, I believe my next purchase will be 2 locking gas caps. 40 gals of 93 octane would be a mighty tempting target for some low life:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

16. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Here on Long Island It went from 2.59 on sunday to 3.69 last night. Premium is over $4.00 :eek1:

17. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

It went from 2.59 to 2.99 right by my home , and its the same gas that was delivered 3 days ago to boot . Its not like this gas was more expensive for the station to buy , they had it already :mad:

18. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Siphon city...

Gas Thefts ran rampant at local malls here back in the 70's during the "Arab Embargo"..usually a van would pull in nect to a car an elderly driver got out of,and they would watch the driver until they were inside the mall--since most elderly folks walk slowly,they were the most prefered target..an electric fuel pump and a peice of hose was inserted into the tank,and the van had a 55 gallon drum inside,and the pump was capable of emptying a tank in about 4 mintes!..it was one of those "transfer" pumps like contractors use to fill construction equipment with..

How do I know all this??--easy--I was one of the "victims" that had his gas stolen! :mad: --I "staked out" the mall I was at when it happened for nearly a week,several hours a day--I finally spotted a black Dodge van with several hippie looking dudes inside,roaming in the parking lot,looking for another target..I saw them pull up to an old lady's car who had just went in the mall,and saw the side door open,and one guy snuck out and inserted the hose in her gas tank..

I went in the mall and found a security gaurd,and he called in the licence plate # on the van!--the cops arrived just in time(and I was prepared to follow the crooks if nessasary!)..they busted them for the gas theft,and also for posession of pot--the idiots were smoking it right next to the 55 gallon drum full of gas!..I felt like tossing a lit match at them--pricks!...The lady whose car they "hit" got her tank refilled(and so did I) before the cops took them away-the cops made them pump the gas back in our tanks! :D --and I got 25 bucks from the lady,she insisted I take it!...I hope those theives are still in the slammer--but I doubt if the ever saw a jail cell.. :mad:

19. NorCalGMC

NorCalGMC Registered Member

cool story.... frikkin' hippies....

20. eshorvath

eshorvath 1/2 ton status

Got gas at 3.09 yesterday, went to the post ofice, came back and it was 3.25.

Will we ever see 2.00 again, or even 3.00?
    this is why i moved back from Germany, could not afford to go do anything.

at one time, milk was double the gas price, now you can get milk for less than gas.

Bush says to conserve gas, how do you conserve havign to drive 27 miles to work?

Eddie