Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gas prices

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NEK5, Aug 28, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

just curious as to why they`ve been going down lately....down ~.20 here in the last couple weeks:eek1:

2. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

The oil companies are pulling out momentarily to wipe the vaseline off before they stick it back in...

3. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

pllleaaasee noooo!:D

4. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

What can I say.. the truth hurts :D

5. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

specially when its getting rammed up your bum bum!:eek1: :eek1:

6. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Israel quit shooting at Hezbollah, summer driving season is over, clear of ethanal blend season, no major hurricanes yet. take your pick, it's all a bunch of b.s. Someone needs to take the day traders/speculators out of the equation.

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm not complaining!..

Yeah--it went from 3.05 a week or two ago,to 2.85 today at most stations around here!...though I'd like to see it drop a whole dollar or more!..twenty cents a gallon is a drop in the bucket compared to what they are making off us..

I'd like to see gas prices fall to at least 2 bucks a gallon,before the economy really flushes down the sewer..its already taken a big bite out of the quality of life here..

I think this price "drop" is just geared towards Labor Day traffic--they are hoping it encourages people to go out and buy stuff,the tourism trade,and other things in general are way down because no one can afford to go away on vacation like they used too...all their money goes in the gas tank..:doah:

Figures gas prices are falling--soon I'll be driving my diesel mostly after next month,and I doubt diesel fuel will drop any,since heating oil is about the same thing,and that ALWAYS goes up when the heating season starts.....:( ..maybe I should invest in Vaseline stocks...:thinking:

While searching craigslist today,I saw an ad for 80-100 gallons of FREE gasoline!..some guy in Falmouth is planning to drain his boat gas tanks,its got a mixture of 4 month old " MBTE " gas,and the rest is new 10% ethanol blend,and his motor doesn't like it!..wish I had 2 empty 55 gallon drums,I'd be there with my siphon hose in a heartbeat...my old 305 would run on it just fine!..:D --I see ads for free home heating oil all the time too,but they want the tank removed free in exchange..and thats illegal unless you get a permit and are a licenced contractor..:crazy:

8. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

i just hope it goes waaaaay down before i head to wyotech (9 hour drive in a no AC 71 blazer)

9. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Yeah, this slight reprieve has been kind of nice. I also found a local Conoco that give a $0.08/gal rebate for light wieght diesel fuel. Has to do with the taxes on diesel. Anyway, with that, diesel is down to $2.91/gal, which is not bad. Anytime I can get diesel for under $3/gal I'm happy, or at least not as sad.

10. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I paid $2.61 a gallon for regular unleaded yeaterday.

11. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I saw 87 octane today for $2.58. Diesel is $2.74.

12. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

It's gone down from around $2.95 to $2.58-2.65 around here. Sure would be nice if it kept dropping. I want to see a buck and a half again.

Man when I first went up, I did it in a no AC, big block '68 442. About 24 hours straight through, one way. I did it over a couple weeks, going up. Went through Ok, AK, Mo, Ks, Co, and then into Laramie. Did it straight through coming back on the first down week. Blew the motor about 80 miles from home. :doah:

13. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Regular is still 2.95 a gallon here. Diesel is in shortage and it's killing all the work at the freightliner dealer. Apparently, 2 refineries were shut down for maintenance or something and the new EPA diesel sulfur requirements are making it take longer to refine.

14. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

Man when I first went up, I did it in a no AC, big block '68 442. About 24 hours straight through, one way. I did it over a couple weeks, going up. Went through Ok, AK, Mo, Ks, Co, and then into Laramie. Did it straight through coming back on the first down week. Blew the motor about 80 miles from home. :doah:[/quote]

man, that would suck a$$!

15. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

And I thought it was oil execs letting their consience talk.

No, summer driving season is over, time to make the winter gas.

16. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

So uh, what ever happened to the price increase because of BP having a trashed pipeline?