Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas Prices!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by det45, Oct 4, 2000.

1. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

I just filled the tank on my K5 and let me tell you, I'm sick and tired of these high prices! Let's get rid of the democrates and vote for Bush. Some real reform is what this country needs. Power to the people and let's get rid of big government! How high is the gas prices in your state/city?...........Det45

One Fine 89.....

2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

I agree totally. I just turned 18 this year and I am definitely going to vote. For Bush that is. I am in VA and we pay about 1.47 for regular up to about 1.55 for the good stuff. It sucks we definitely need to put an end to it.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

3. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    right now we are at $1.68 for cheap stuff. It was up to $180.00. I am in western Colorado. Bush all the way!!!!!!!

4. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

It was 75.9/liter last time I checked here in Greater Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Thats like 2.00 US/gallon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

5. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Here in northern Ca, I'm paying 2.07 for the good stuff. The ZZ4 requires it! But some stations, like Shell, charge as much as 2.35 a gallon! You don't have to tell me twice about high gas prices. I spend more to drive my ride than I do fixing it up!!!

6. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Here in Bush country, it's $1.39 a gal. Get out and vote! If you don't vote, don't bitch. A vote for Gore is a vote for even higher gas prices, but that won't matter, because you won't have anywhere to go wheeling.

Derf00
    Abilene, TX

7. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

Come to Minnesota, its only $1.38, well thats what it was TODAY anyways.

8. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Damn... I'd love to get gas for $1.50/gal. Here in the Bay Area, CA its $1.98/gal. for the weak stuff.

BLAZE IT UP!!!

9. 89GAK5

89GAK5 Registered Member

MIDDLE GEORGIA:1.45 for reg & 1.55 for the good stuff. on the average around here 1.48. seen a station on the way home from work today. they drop to a 1.34 for reg. the place was packed.will stop there early in the morning.yes im BUSH all the way.

RUGERS & K5 BOWTIES

10. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

About 1.53 for 93 at the cheapest place around here but I've seen it for as much as 1.76

90K5

11. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

We have been getting ripped off in Northern California for a very long time. For those of you in N. Cal, check the independent gas stations. I filled up at an independent in Pleasant Hill today for $1.799 per gallon for regular. The Shell station a quarter mile away was $1.989.

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's

12. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Its $1.50 here in Raleigh, NC for the middle stuff, but that was seriously the cheapest place in town everyone goes there. I filled the K5 up last week for the first time, I was expecting it to be like 25 maybe 30 bucks, it kept going and going and going, until it hit $40 but hey I don't care, I had my mom's plastic he he he! Yea if I could vote I would vote for bush!

Dawson
    88 K5

13. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

In the panhandle its only 1.31 dang 70Jimmy $180.00 a gallon! I would rather walk on the trails than drive on that budget!

10 out of 11 people prefer Jimmys over Blazers.

14. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

O.K., I gotta ask. What is Bush going to do for us, that is going to fix the gas prices, besides f#%&ing up one of the few unmolested parts of this country I mean?

15. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

1.959 at the local Texaco for 89. 87 and 92 are about 10 cents less/more.
    I've already absentee registered, and am going to just check Republican and send it right back in as soon as I get it. Bush will have sense enough to lower taxes, and open up our own oil industry to OUR oil.
    Hey, Hi, you obviously don't know much about the oil industry. They are very clean and eco friendly now-a-days. Sad part is that to many people buy into that image of oil covered seagulls and sinking tankers that the eco-dweebs put out.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's [​IMG]

16. Casey 86K5

Casey 86K5 1/2 ton status

17. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Cold Lake Alberta Canada... pretty much the cheapest place in Canada right now I think... 62.9c/l
    Any Canucks beat that??
    :)
    Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>

18. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

Why do the polititions want to close off the land to our sport anyways? they tear it up to build cheap woodframe house that all look alike. thats not saveing anyland but thats ok? i just turned 18 and i am confused as all hell about all this politics.Y can't we go wheeling in national parks or that sort of thing? next thing u know they will build a wall around them so we can't even see them, probly say us looking at them will endanger the wild life or something. all i hear is of the trails being closed down. are any more being opened up? i don't want to lose the land. rather look out and see a mountain with a 4x4 trail going up than a track house or a national park with stupid signs all around it.

<font color=red> Hey who put that grenade in there? </font color=red>

19. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

Here in Oregon Shell is the cheapest in my area with 1.74 for the weak stuff, 1.84 for the 89 octane, and 1.94 for the 92 octane
    Texaco and 76 are the ripoffs with 1.81, 1.91, and 2.01 respectively
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

20. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

Geez, I guess all the television stations I've ever watched are owned by "eco freaks". Because I'd swear they all came to the same conclusion...The Exxon Valdez was by far, the greatest "ecological disaster" in this countries history. I don't know a whole hell of alot about the oil indutry, but I know that sucked! And it's BIG screwups like that that make it ever harder for people like us to enjoy our own back yard! Pismo beach is a 4wheelers dream, located on the coast of Ca. People drive offroad vehicles of all type there, with little, or no complaints from "eco freaks". But I'd bet my K5, that if another ten million gallon of crude were spilled on that coast line, the only 4wheelers that would touch that sand again, would have an E.P.A. sticker on it's door!!! I don't know about you, but great knowledge or not, that isn't the way I want to lose a great asset to the 4wheeler community.