Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas Prices

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Psycho, Feb 11, 2003.

1. K5Psycho

K5Psycho Registered Member

Aight guys i dotn know about yall but here in Florida are guess is going for about 159 average cheapest 153 most expensive 1.70
    i get the cheap crap lol but dude this crap starting to hurt the pocket my blazer dont get good gas milage about 12mpg. i think of a cheese commercial and now i say
    "AHHH THE POWER OF A V8's"

2. 90K5Blazer

90K5Blazer Registered Member

$1.80 here /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif for regular

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

about 1.50 here for reg, but i hafta run atleast mid which is like 1.58 or so.......it could use premium but it aint gettin it

4. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

$1.25 to 1.55 depends on the place.
    Diesel 1.25 god I love my powerstroke FORD /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    I could not aford to drive the K5 as a daily driver.

Bo

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

just paid 1.97 per gallon for diesel sunday!

Brandy

6. unsane

unsane Guest

1.75 and rising.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

1.61 at the station where I work. probably go up soon. Been lucky my K5 is broken down and has been since before prices went back up. Been saving loads of cash /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. And you are doing damn good at 12mpg, I would kill to get that. Mine was getting 6-8mpg with my beat 305. It was so beat and tired that it almost wasn't worth filling with oil and gas every week. yes I had to refill the oil as much as the gas.

8. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Ive been watching the gas prices around Dade City go nuts. I cant get over how fast its going up. To make matters worse theres this little store that has been jakking it up on average 10 cents a gallon more. Hes getting away w/ it so others raise theirs. Then he raises his. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I think I noticed he was at like $1.59 for the cheap stuff tonite on my way home. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Drive a mile down the road, and its a buck 49. About 3 miles away down by Wal-Mart super center in Zephyrhills and theyre at $1.39. Its just not making any sense.

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It's up to 1.96 per gallon here (82.9 cents a litre CDN) and one station had their prices up to $2.34 a gallon /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Best price I found on diesel was $1.46 a gallon so I filled it up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Getting just under 18 mpg helps a lot!/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rene

10. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

LMAO..... complaining for $1.70 a gallon for premium. I only wish I could have atleast seen the gas that price in the past 8 years here. I pay $2.03 for 92 octane and 87 is $1.93 , SO let the moral of the story go It ALWAYS could be worse and what you think is bad is normal to someone else ........some where /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. OH... I get about 7 MPG. and spend "WILLINGLY" about 350.00 a month on gas.

11. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

At the Texaco where I work Premium is like 179. Whew its gettin expensive. And being able to put it on a tab doesnt help--- I dont like to pay a 150 dollar gas bill but thats my own stupidity. HAHA.

12. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

Down here in Key West, FL regular is 1.69 and super is 1.89 --- good thing I only have to fill up about every 20 days.

Driving down here never involves any great distance, especially because this is only an island that is 5 miles by 3 miles!

13. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

$1.83 for regular and rising in Los Angeles, most places.. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

14. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

They just showed the news that it was up to $1.84 for 87 octane.
    That means here it's probably $1.89 for 87 octane.

Downstate Michigan is usually $.30/gallon or more cheaper than here. They rape people's pocketbooks here.

I drive down to Baraga which is 27 miles away and buy 60 gallons worth of 93 octane from the indians (no taxes) for $.10/gallon less than this city's 87 octane.

I'd run 87 octane but my truck pings like firecrackers in a metal trashcan even in this cold weather.

It's not fair. I go through a lot of petrol. I'm going to see about figuring out some ways to get more mileage. I think it's time for electric fans. I'd be happy if I could get back to 12mpg from the single digits.

15. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i just paid 1.66 for regular. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

16. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

Paid $ 1.65 for the 87 at Arco in Ventura County, CA.

17. agrezy1

agrezy1 Registered Member

outside palm springs 1.69/1.79/1.89 diesel 1.71 /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

18. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i refuse to run arco gas. it's garbage! it stinks, and it burns bad.

19. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

1.59 and steadaly going up god damn in need to get better then 8mpg /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

20. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

I bought gas today it was $1.65 for regular. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. But it still great to live in America /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.