Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas Scams

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by det45, Jun 18, 2000.

1. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

All of us need to start writing our state and federal representatives about these high gas prices. It's not the middle east jacking up the prices, It's our government over taxing each gallon of gas!!! Enough is enough!!! Let's stop complaining about it and start writing!!! Anyone with me?....Det45

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I was just thinking.....If it's our government doing all this, then what good would it do to write to them ?

L8r,

.Riz.

3. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

I heard on Friday that Clinton said he was going to look into the prices. Which means in about 6 months we will hear something back from Washington. Why could they not check in on it several months ago when they started the gouging? It is actually the oil companies jacking up the prices. The taxes have stayed the same and OPEC has not drastically raised prices in the past week and a half, but the price at the pump sure has jumped. Anyone noticed that all this happens as several oil companies have merged? I guess this is why the government inacted anti-trust laws, too bad they seem to be forgotten.

4. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

Two thirds of the price of one gallon of gas goes to taxs. (If not more) Yes I do know that a lot of our state/federal reps don't want to listen to us common folks but it's better to be heard and counted than to sit and complain. If enough write, they will start to listen. Especially when they are threatened to be voted out of office.

5. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Do you realize how much it costs to build and maintain our roads? I'm not going to complain about the amount of the taxes, but I have seen a few highway projects that seem to be money pits. If there were better oversight on road projects, there would be the opportunity to lower taxes a bit. Do you realize how much cheaper gas is in the US as compared to other countries? Right now, the latest increases in gas prices ARE directly related to OPEC and their production limits.

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

But what about the great GAS OUT? Anarchy lives, government proves it!

7. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

I participated in the Great Gas Out. Posted to all my buddies and online-relatives. I filled my jerry cans early so I wouldn't have to buy gas on April 7th, 8th and 9th. The media did a complete black-out on this subject. I heard Nada on the news. Of course, big oil buys major advertizing, so I'm not surprized. Coincidentallly gas prices seemed to peak that week then decline... It must have been a fluke, huh?

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

9. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

If no one bought gas for 3 days it wouldn't do a thing, because they would just buy it before and after the 3 days. If you want to drive, its going to be expensive. Not to mention a K5 is not the most gas friendly vehicle. Oh well, they're still cool.

Brian