Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gas tank filler neck question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JDBlazer454, May 25, 2003.

1. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I am almost done with my 3" body lift and had a question about what to do about the gas tank filler neck? Of the other 2 trucks I put body lifts in I have never done anything with them but my 83 was stretched tight and needed to be disconnected. I didn't get the kit only the blocks so does the kit come with an extension? What to do? Please any suggestions would be great.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

goto auto parts house and get a longer piece of rubber gas line /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif that is what i did on mine....only other thing that i could think of doing is cutting the original line and extending it with an extra piece, i just opted to replace with longer piece.

3. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

If you can find a new rubber piece designed for gas that'd be ideal. However, most of the time, all they come with is a piece of metal tube you use to extend it. You cut your existing rubber and put the metal one in with hose clamps.

4. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replies. I was being cheap and didn't get the neck filler replacement piece. We used a piece of exhaust pipe for the main one and a piece of high pressure line (for power steering I think) for the overflow.

Thanks again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif