Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas tank & gallons

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73K5Kid, Nov 22, 2004.

1. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Is there anyway to tell by looking at the gas tank if it is a 25 or 31 gallon tank? I have to change my sending unit and need to know before I order. I have not looked at the gas tank. Does it give a capacity of how many gallons it holds? Is there any other way to tell? Thanks

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

check in your glove box on the little tag, unless it has been swapped out it is the one on the tag

3. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

for some reason i think i remember hearing that the 31 gallon is 12 3/4 tall and the 25 gallon is 10 3/4 tall i could be wrong but the numbers stuck in my head.

4. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I just swapped to a 31 gallon tank.

Putting my tape on the bottom frame on the pass side, the 25 gallon was 5.5 inches from bottom of tank to bottom of frame. That is, IIRC... Then I went to the JY and started measuring. The 31 gal was 7.5 inches, I think...

My memory does fade so keep that in mind /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the help. I checked the sticker in the glove box. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif And it came from the factory with the 31 gallon tank. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif I will measure it just to make sure it has not been changed.