Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas tank idea

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thedrip, Feb 9, 2007.

1. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

I just try to pretend I'm a crackpot genius, when really most of the time I'm just on crack. Heres the latest 'porceline vision' (so named because of where I get these ideas).

Gas tank. tall and skinny. Like a 25gal propane tank or a welding gas tank. On end. Fitting goes down, fill cap/vent welded to the top. You would have to turn the truck right on it's side before the bottom fitting was starved, even with only a gallon in the tank. Anyone see some horrible flaw to this? Only place I can really see being able to fit/support a setup would be immediately behind the cab. Would try and source a bottle about the height of the cab, so the top would be lower than the cab roof, and the bottom would be well protected from rock rash below. Coupled with a rollcage, I don't see it being a terrible danger.

Thoughts? even worse than GM making saddle tanks? Was I on the pinto design team? Or am I trying to recreate the challenger with my truck?

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Ivie29 runs 2 kegs for fuel tanks just aft of the cab on either side. They work great.