Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas tank is in! YYeeeeeeeHHHHHHaaaaa

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Burt4x4, Mar 18, 2002.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ok I put some pics in my gallery, link below, hope they are clear!!
    I have been off line for a week + cuz I was a passanger in a wreck and have been home eating vicodin and beer. I'm ok just some banged up ribs and sholder musels, no breakage just bruses!!
    Anyway if you have any questions or want to buy my 21gal Poly tank let me know......
    Burt

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about the wreck! I hope you wern't mixing the beer and vicodin too much...although it would be fun...just don't try to walk!

3. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Congrats on the tank, sorry about the wreck. Hope you're not too banged up to wheel. You need to check out just how many more miles you gained with the new tank. So, in your opinion was it worth it. If you'll recall, I'm wanting to upgrade mine to a high capacity too. Was it worth the money?

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Thanks guys!

Ya I think it will be worth it! I am kinda worried about forming a skid plate with out taking too much clearance away but that is just cuz I like to play on rocks and stuff. I only put 20 gallons in it so far and the gas gage read 1/2 tank so the sending unit apears to work good. I never had a working gas gage so that is cool to have fixed. The tank is somewhat expensive but I think in the long run I will be happier with the less frequent gas stops!!

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

glad your ok after that accident

one thing you have to remember about having a larger gas tank is filling her up after a long long drive, it'll seem that she'll run forever. just don't forget that, ok/forums/images/icons/smile.gif the gas will run out, LOL.

ARQ.

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Nice job Burt!!!!

Man.....you're starting to "outshine" me on getting your projects done!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I hadn't considered that if I move my rear axle back 1.5" it is going to cause interference with the gas tank.....that just occurred to me, so now I REALLY have to concentrate on getting that rear crossmember moved.

Looks like your departure angle is actually being limited by your trailer hitch and not the tank......have you given any thought to a different mounting scheme for the hitch (higher up?) with one of those "drop ball hitch" adapters to make it still useful for towing?

Am I asking too many questions for a man on Vicadin....? OOOOH, LOOK AT ALL THE PRETTY COLORS!!!! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

HAHAHA

7. wheelin72

wheelin72 Registered Member

hey burt you still have the blazer tank?

8. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Sorry to here about your accident...Hope your Ok......Dan

9. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Bummer on the sore body. I guess it could have been worse. Glad that you're getting up and around.

The bigger tanks are nice because oftheir cruise range, but they suck when you have to throw $80 into them to get 'em full...

10. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hope your feeling better Burt
    Congrats on getting that new tank in!
    It seems like you get great gas mileage with it... until you fill it up with $60 worth of gas... but hey, it lasts for almost a week!/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    I see that it's not just my straps that have a little gap in between the tank and the straps.

How do ya like it so far?

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Thanks! That's why I only put 20 gal in to start with cuz the bill for that was 35bucks, ho well You burn what your gonna burn anyway this way the $$ is just more upfront than spread out!!
    Greg, Ya i am still thinking about the hitch?? I may make a carrier/bumper/hitch all in one and if I do so I will mount it as High as I can....we shal see..
    Oh and wheelin72(I think that was your name) Yes the tank(polyethelane 3yrs old)/skidplate(has some rock dents but nothing major)/straps(new with poly tank) I still have and willing to sell. Hopeing to find a local person to buy it so I don't have to try and ship this stuff. Fil out your profile and let me know were you are??
    Later Fellas

12. wheelin72

Burt Im in hanford i think about 45 mins away so i would pick it up. ILl try and figure my profile out i just signed up yesterday when i saw you had the tank for sale

13. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Cool! Hanford? were the heck is that? I paid 200 for the tank and straps about 3yrs ago. I'll let it go for 100 and toss in the skidplate too. The skid plate just needs a bit of hammering to fix one dent and some new paint it will look good. here is a pic if you haven't seen it yet <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albup56/aae>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albup56/aae</a>
    Oh the sending unit only works from full to half then it drops to empty on the gage. I do have an extra sending unit seal for it too. The current seal leaks gas only when the tank is filled to the top. This leak just started last summer, I think I may have originaly installed the seal wrong or something??

14. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Nice pic's,thanks.Glad your o.k. too!

15. wheelin72

burt check ur PM