Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas Tank Mounting Brackets

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 73k5blazer, Apr 17, 2004.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Looking for Gas tank mounting brackets from 86 chev truck, I think 84-87 will work, prior ot 84 they had a different location(s) in frame for mounting
    Long or short bed, right and/or left sides.
    The brackets the bolt to the frame, not the straps. (although if the straps are attached, that's ok)

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i have both sides from my 83, and im headed your way monday (ill be at Rockys Great Outdoors)

how much are they different?

3. 73k5blazer

PM'd you...

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

locations would only be different between longbed and short bed, not because of year, shortbed tanks are shorter than longbed tanks is why, you can use 73-up straps and brackets, and they are reverseable you can swap to opposite side of truck and everything

i have thrown away billions of tanks and brackets and straps and necks and units and everything, more than i could possibly recall, you are the first person i have ever seen thats looking for such brackets, is a rarity hehe

good luck

5. 73k5blazer

I just want to put the passenger side tank in, this truck didn't have it from the factory. The mounting is a bit different btw. years, although I think the brackets from most any years would work, the holes have been moved and staggered a bit...just some drilling..if you check the GM parts book, GM shows different part numbers starting in '84 for those brackets...

6. 73k5blazer

Locations in the frame are different for long and short bed, the brackets are the same regardless..the rear one is just moved back a little on the frame...

7. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

I bought brackets for an 87 from the GM dealer not more than 4 months ago. They were about 25 bucks each.

8. 73k5blazer

I checked there, they said mine were $32each, so $64 a side, and I need the drivers side as well because mine are so rusted, 40% of the bracket is literally gone..so I thought I'd check here first...
    Thanks..
    Ken