Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas Tank pics>>

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Burt4x4, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

OK the tank pics are in my gallery. Click on the link below>>>
    I still have yet to install it, it's littlelegue time and both my kids are in it this year!! I'll get it put in on Friday night and post some final pics.....oh and once I get the tank inplace and everyting is working I will be selling my poly tank,straps and skid plate......

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Pic's are a little dark but still good,thanks.How hard was it to remove that rear cross member?Are there bolts holding it in or is it welded in?Do you know if the tank manafacturer can set the tank up for fuel injected applications.You know,room for an in-tank pump,baffles,return line?
    My diff. cover is similar to yours and I may be doing the same conversion in the future.
    How much do you think the new tank weighs?
    Let us know how the tank performes and how you like it once you get some milage on it.
    Thanks again for the pic's.

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

The rear crossmember is riveted in.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Ya sorry about the dark ones /forums/images/icons/frown.gif. I'll take some new ones when I get it mounted and I take them at or near dark so the flash goes off/forums/images/icons/smile.gif.
    The crossmember was fairly simple to remove. I just ground off the factory rivit heads on the top of the framerail and the bottom and the hit it out with a BFH. Poped right out.
    Not too sure about the FI question but the gal I talked too was very nice and was able to answer my questions or check out their site here http://www.aerotanks.com/chevy.html
    I didn't like the way Areo's customer service was or the lack there of! The person on the phone was upset that I was asking questions about their tanks and was very short and basically rude so F them......Oh I was able to get out of them that thier tanks require drilling the frame but NWMP doesn't so????
    The shipping weight for my tank was 60 something lbs. The straps that the tank comes with are WAY thicker than the stock straps so should be fine??
    Time will tell......

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Burt,

That photo gallery is like "glimpsing my own future"!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I bet now that you've done some "test fitting" you understand that comment I made about the filler neck getting in the way of installing the tank at a severe angle.....? With the new "lower" tabs, it should be a lot easier to wrestle it into place.

I think I'm as excited as you to see how this project turns out! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

6. Sledge

Sledge Registered Member

BobK,

I've got an e-mail into Northwest Metal Products about a first gen tank set up for an in-tank pump. I'd like one for my TPI swap too, I'll let you know what they say.

7. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Brian,thanks man.Definitly let me know what you find out,either on this thread or e-mail me direct at blazbk@excite.com
    Oh ya...thanks Steve for answering my questions!