Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas tank protection/skid plate...Got pictures?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I'm scrathin my head here tryin to come up with a gas tank skid plate that doesn't look booty fab'ed. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif I've been building a a new rear bumper with the reciever hitch mounted in the bumper....My old hitch was kinda acting as my gas tank skd plate...Now that it isn't there anymore, I need to protect the go-juice. As it sits now the gas tank is about 1.5" lower than the bottom of my new bumper..

Do any of you have a picture of your skid plates? Or pictures of whatever ya have protecting your gas tanks? I need some inspiration...I musta laid under there for half an hour trying to figure somethin out.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

I had to invent some way to install this Blazer tank in my crewcab. Its 1/8" steel checker plate, some pipe, strap iron, and some 45* "V" to locate the tank on the plate.

[​IMG]

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Cool! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thanks for the reply and picture. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyone else?

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I was gonna fab one, but desided on just using the stock one. I'll probably just reinforce the bottom with a sheet of plate steel.

-Jeremy