Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas tank question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric M., Oct 15, 2002.

1. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I need new tanks for my 87 GMC with a fuel injected motor. I know the fuel pump fits in the tank, but are the tanks the same as earlier years? I know the tanks were moved inside the frame rails in 88. So, if 87 was the only year of the fuel injected motor in the old body style, does that mean the tanks for an 87 were a one year only tank?

Thanks,

Eric M.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

No, because the one tons, crew cabs, and chassis cabs were all the same body style/tanks until 1991.

www.natauto.com can get you tanks made by "american design(s?)" that are baffled for injected applications, although I have to say that they are NOT baffled identically to factory. The factory baffles were plastic, aftermarket is steel, which is good, except the aftermarket ones (surprise surprise) do not look as effective as the stock ones to me, but I'm no engineer.

3. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I forgot all about the 1 tons up to 91. Gave them a call, great price! I think I'm gonna go with them.

Thanks much.

Eric M.