Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gas tank relocated

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4x4 Cowboy, Nov 20, 2003.

1. 4x4 Cowboy

4x4 Cowboy 1/2 ton status

i took my gas tank and put it were the back seat sits, that means i took the back seat out, i cut a hole in the floor and set it in. ill try to get some picks for ya soon!!! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif tell have any of u ever done this or just wat do ya think?

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

A couple of us were talking about doing this earlier on Suburbans. But given the extra bit of cargo area we have we didn't have to loose the rear seat.

How much extra ground cleanance have you gained out back now? Does the tank hang below the frame at all or is it tucked up nice and high now?

Those pictures will be really appriciated for those of us getting ready to attempt something similar. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 4x4 Cowboy

4x4 Cowboy 1/2 ton status

the back opened up soooooooooo... nice, the tank is above the driveline, i put the skid plate on underneeth so if the driveline snaps or so it wont rupture the tank, all i have to say is the floor is really thick but i am glad i did it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif ask if any more questions /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif