Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gas tank/sending unit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chev4life, Jun 21, 2001.

1. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Any one know of a good place to order a gas tank and sending unit for an '87 K5?? The dealer wants way too much for them.

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I belive NAPA carries them.
    It's been a few years since I worked in the small rig biz, but I seem to remember getting them from there.

my truck's not dirty, it's earth tone paint

3. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Yeah just don't do what I did and go to a shop to get it fixed. They killed my pocket book after fixing my fuel pump/sending unit and gas tank. all well over a grand to fix! Of course now I would just drop the tank and fix it myself! Did the baffle in your tank break off, breaking your sending unit with it?

4. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Dont know, I havent pulled it apart yet. All I know is that my fuel filter keeps clogging with metal shavings and my fuel has not worked for years now.

5. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

I know of a place I just got mine from him the 31 gal tank was 100 bucks and the sending unit was 115. I have his # at work or i would give it to you now.

6. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

If you get a chance can you send me the number...stgaither@hotmail.com. Does this guy ship them out, or do you have to pick them up??

7. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

He ships to your door. I believe he is in boston and the parts are all new. He supposedly sells them to dealers. No problems with my stuff yet.