Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gas Tank

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ftcjimmy, Mar 28, 2006.

1. ftcjimmy

ftcjimmy Registered Member

Im about to swap a pickup cab onto my K5 frame and i was thinking about gas tanks. I dont have money for a fuel cell so im wondering what the best option for getting the tank out from the stock location would be? how hard is it to move it above the frame? Would this be costly? Also would i be able to mount the side tanks off of my parts truck onto the sides of the blazer frames? Thanks

2. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

I did somthing like this on my Suburban-buggy. I took the stock tank and swapped it on top of the frame in front of the rear axle. I used angle iron to space the frame in a little and set the tank down on the lip where the seam is at and I used the stock straps running to tabs on the sides of the frame to hold it down. Heres a couple pics.

IM000622a.JPG

IM000620a.JPG

3. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Nope. Not enough room between the rear foot well and the rear tire. It only works in pickups because the tank goes all the way up under the front seat.

4. ftcjimmy

ftcjimmy Registered Member

Its goin to have a pickup cab on it. Still wont work?

5. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Hmmm... :thinking:

It might.

You'll have to measure it up once you have the cab in place. You'll probably have to modify the L-brackets, too. The frame bend won't be in the same place.

Any reason you're that interested in putting the saddle-bomb on?