Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gasket/filter for TH350

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Boss, Sep 16, 2000.

1. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I just bought a B & M Deep Pan for the tranny. Then I bought a gasket/filter set for the TH350 trans from Fram. The gasket is like wrinkled and crumbled up in the box. I guess that is normal, but I can't get it to stay put in the pan. Too curvy and wrinkled. Do yall put some kind of like gasket sealant to keep it in place? Like the kind you put on valve cover gaskets (sorry, I forgot the name of the sealant, my brain doesn't work well on Saturday mornings)[​IMG].
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]

2. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Usually I try to let the gasket sit somewhere warm on a flat surface with a something flat on top of it (like a couple of phone books). If you let it sit over night, it should flat as a pancake in the morning. You could also put it on the pan and stick some old bolts in the holes and leave it in the sun. That stuff you're thinking of is Felco-bond I think. It smells like model glue and that's probably all it is. IMO, it doesn't hold that well.

Shawn
    87 K5
    few mods

3. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I just put some bolts in and have at it. I guess that you were talking about sealant (Permatex). - Steve</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>Steve Sosa a.k.a. "sosaman"</font color=blue>
    http://sosaman.home.texas.net/carpics.html