Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gasket needed???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by flyguy33, Jan 4, 2003.

1. flyguy33

flyguy33 Registered Member

I just noticed theat in between my transfer case and my tranny there is a leak...then I noticed that there is only three bolts holding in in I was wondering if i could just tighten the thing up and replace the other bolt or do i need a gasket in between??? I just bought the truck and I'm finding these problems as i go along.... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Put another bolt in it and tighten it up. If you're lucky it will seal up. If not you will have to pull the t-case, atleast pull it back some, which you would be doing anyway if you decided to do it to begin with. There is supposed to be a large o-ring between the adapter and tranny.

3. flyguy33

flyguy33 Registered Member

thanks for the info... By the way I noticed on your site that you're using a Comp Cam 4x4 cam, I'm just curious how the cam runs, and if its really worth pressing for....