Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gasoline price problem....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ben, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Ben

Ben Registered Member

Well, it's going to happen, Come August 1st, the U.S. military base, Camp MacNab, Jeju-do, Korea is raising its prices!!! After being at $1.25 for 5 years (YES 5 years!) prices are going to $1.40 a gallon!!
    What's the world coming to! Don't you feel "sorry for us having to pay so little!!)
    Got a buddy in the Middle East and they are paying .40 cents a gallon!
    We have a few BB's here and they drink the fuel!!!
    Cityfarmer2...what's Osan's prices?

2. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Hey, don't complain. I am paying over $2 a gal for gas. I would love to just pay $1.40

3. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

worst its gotten hear is around $2.19 and now its around $1.90 i bet alot of people here would be glad to pay $1.40

4. Ben

Ben Registered Member

Of course most would rather be paying a buck forty a gallon! I was just trying to be humorous! And share my good fortune!

5. 82diesel

82diesel 1/2 ton status

No taxes.

Cannot believe their are full services stations in Stockton that can put up a price of $3 a gallon and expect business.

6. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

middle east gas may be cheap...but its prolly worse then gas u'd buy in mexico!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

7. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

With trucks like ours, we just have to suck it up and take the beating! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

8. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

How about $2.50 a gallon? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Ouch to you guys paying over $2+ /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I;m glad i'm paying "only", $1.67 for it here in Iowa.

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

There is only one gas pump in the town that I live in and they only sell 87 octane and it's going for $2.69 /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Someone has a captive audience. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

12. Ben

Ben Registered Member

The other point to my story is this.....
    off base, off the U.S. military base that is and on the local economy....Koreans pay over $4.00 a gallon! Diesel is almost 4 bucks a gallon! Try filling up your big rig which is sucking in 25 gallons getting 10 per gallon! Three times a week!!

13. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You lucky SOBs!!!!! Try $7 0r $8 a gallon /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif ENGLAND!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifDon't you just love tax and duty!

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You lucky SOBs!!!!! Try $7 0r $8 a gallon /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif ENGLAND!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifDon't you just love tax and duty!

[/ QUOTE ] dude seven and eight dollars a gallon? That is completely un-real /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The other point to my story is this.....
    off base, off the U.S. military base that is and on the local economy....Koreans pay over $4.00 a gallon! Diesel is almost 4 bucks a gallon! Try filling up your big rig which is sucking in 25 gallons getting 10 per gallon! Three times a week!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Try filling up your big rig that get 5.3 mpg at $2.25 a gallon. I use 100- 300 gallons a week.

16. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

No, its for real!! They used to put our gas prices up by two or three pence a gallon each time and people kind of just put up with it. Now they have made us use the metric system so they put it two or three pence a LITRE each time. There,s about 4.5 litres to one of our gallons. It's around 82 pence a litre for junk right now and 86 pence for 97 octane. That's over $7 a gallon! But over 80% of that is tax and duty...and that's on top of the $300 a year we pay just for the pleasure of driving on our over crowded, pot holed, speed camara infested, jamed up roads.
    Sore?? Me??? Hell yes!!!