Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gathering at my house in Oregon 2/16/02. Work Day on Trucks. Day report

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlueKnight, Feb 14, 2002.

1. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Well we have 18 confirmed people and vehicles and 5 maybes going to be here Next Saturday. Because of the truly awesome turn out I have decided to really organize this.

first person here at 8 am will get a door prize. Napa has donated some. At lunch time there will be a plate handed out with something on the bottom that will give another prize and in the evening one more prize will be given out in a drawing.

Scheduled for this day is a Trail box, and trail repair brief seminar, also I will be giving electrical and car stereo advice and since this will be ONE day before the Anniversary run I would like to also have a demo on Winch safety. Even watching the TTC they were doing some seriously dangerous stuff you should never do. Some example. All in all this should be a blast.

I will also set up a detail area to wash, vacuum, and detail your vehicle. I have a nice shop vac some detailing stuff to, Weather looks like it will be nice so I think we will be fine outdoors. I will be BBQing for lunch but anyone who wants to bring fluids to drink or chips or stuff to add to the group gathering would be cool. Some one though gets to do a trail report for this gathering.

Also figure out some minor stuff you want to do. Like I would someone to help me mount of my new steps. Bring questions you need answers to. There will be some serious wheelers here. Some serious rock crawlers and mud runners. It will last from 8am til when ever. I can set up a tent for those um who cant drive home because of spirits.

Anyone needing directions just email me.

<font color=purple>79' K-5 396cid 600hp, TH350, NP203</font color=purple>
    &lt;a target="_blank" href=http://blueknight.alloffroad.com&gt;http://blueknight.alloffroad.com&lt;/a&gt;

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: Gathering at my house in Oregon 2/16/02. Work Day on Trucks.

I'm back to a maybe..this just hasn't been my week.. I don't have any shock mounts made[​IMG] but I have Franks skid plate here that I need to drop off.

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

give me a call

wheeling pics

4. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

I'll take some directions from Salem, can't promise right now, supposed to help my buddy swap fuel tanks on his 78' Chev.

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???

5. BlueKnight

no problem .. email me Salem is 40 minutes away. I used to work in Salem

<a target="_blank" href=http://blueknight.alloffroad.com>http://blueknight.alloffroad.com</a>

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm off the list. I'll try to get Frank his skid plate as soon as I get gas money[​IMG]

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

7. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I know it's a day late and a dollar short, but I was thinking I should have picked that skid plate up when I was down there. Oh well. How is the burb dis-assemble coming along?

Mike.

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if my mom and dad were not so bussy i would have them come out for me. but they have to get a 100 foot tree out of the house and move at the same time.
    you got a plan going bro, make me wish i was home in oregon right now.
    i would tow my blazer over.
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

9. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Just have to get the motor out and throw the rig on the trailer. I'll need a hand getting it on the trailer with my brother going back to Cali on sunday. Could you take the skid plate then???

<hr></blockquote>

10. Heavymetal

Heavymetal 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This Sunday?

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

he leaves this sunday.. I won't have the motor out by then, so any time this next week. I'll send ya a PM right now with more info...

<hr></blockquote>

12. BlueKnight

Sorry to hear you cant make it Willy's. LOTs of people will be here he he just for the door prizes (just kiddin). Any how I will have a CK5 sign out by the driveway and i'll park my beast near the road so everyone can see it.

<a target="_blank" href=http://blueknight.alloffroad.com>http://blueknight.alloffroad.com</a>

13. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Yeah I realy wanted to go, I need to talk to the guy from the Bushhackers.. I haven't got a reply on my request to sign up[​IMG] Plus I wanted to show case my shock mount, but since it is still in 4 pieces on the work bench that didn't happen[​IMG]

<hr></blockquote>

14. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

LOL.... I'm back to a maybe. Blzr83 and I are going caravan up. Don't know how long I can stay but I'll try to be there.

<hr></blockquote>

15. BlueKnight

Anyone heading this way we need a PITMAN ARM PULLER and a COFFEE MAKER. teraring a a part a power steering pump.

16. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

pitman arm puller...is that the one with 2 claws? I may have one.

<hr></blockquote>

17. BlueKnight

Re: Gathering at my house in Oregon 2/16/02. Work Day on Trucks.UPDATE

WELL it was a fun day. All in all about 13 vehicles arrived. I had the TTC going on a TV nice hot wood stove fire and we tackled two major repairs on vehicles. The group completely tore out and replaced the seals in a power steering box in a ford pickup. Nice massaged 390 running dual chambers 40's series flowmasters. and we tore down my drivers seat and re welded it from the proverbial seat cancer that every high back chevy gets. Heavymetal, mudfanatic,chevyfumes, and blzr83 showed up. Let me tell you cehvyfumes full hard top blazer is clean straight sheetmetal and nicely designed. Heavy metal burb was quite beefy with the biggest baddest bumper I have ever seen on a burb topped with a full length roof rack and spare on top. Then there is 83k5. This is one smart looking blazer. completely dechromed with just ahint of some decals on it. Its set up in a prerunner look which really works. We heard him coming as soon as the race series flowmasters went flying by. He did his rally stripes himself and they are the best I have seen. Had a great lunch and had fun kicking around the stupidest things we or someone we know have done around gas tanks. We all swapped ideas and suggestions on lockers, tires, lift, accessories and such. The only carnage of this event was when my step fell off on the drivers side. Evidentally there is some rust lurking under my paint and the bolts gave way. oh well putting new steps on this week. Cant wait to do this again. I learned so much and got to meet some really cool people to hang with. I have a nice location and a great shop and a nice assortment of tools. if anyone needs a shop to work on their rigs or just wants to do a work party again let me know. Photos will follow soon on my site

18. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

19. BlueKnight

Re: Gathering at my house in Oregon 2/16/02. PHOTOS posted on site

Photos are now posted. ACTUALLY full sizes actually itimidated the SUV's Some obhers were a bit scared to wheel with full size rigs. Yes lots of Chevy's