Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gator Guard Bedliner or SEM Catalyzed Bedliner?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mastercraftkpk, Feb 23, 2004.

1. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

I have poured through the search results to no avail.

Has anyone used the products Gator Guard II or the SEM catalyzed Eurethane bedliners?

Gator Guard II is an epoxy (although it says it stays flexible in low temps), and I was thinking of putting it in the engine compartment on the firewall. Haven't done the research re: flamability.

Also thinking of using it on the interior. It claims to be durable, figured that it would be tougher than Herculiner but cost less $$ than Line-X/Rhino because I can DIY.

The SEM is a catalyzed Eurethane that should also be durable and could be put on thicker that the Gator Guard, but not in the engine compartment because it likes to burn.

Are either of these getting closer to the quality of the professionally applied products?

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

BobK used GatorGard to do the hard top on his 1st gen. It turned out looking nice. I would like to see what you end up desiding on. I would like to do a beadliner on my daily driver and my K5...I just don't want cheep thin stuff or $$$ line-x/rhino.

3. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status