Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gauge bezel

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Jul 8, 2002.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Has anyone taken he trim off of there gauge cluster. (stainless trim) If so whats behind it? Also does anyone know whatkind of light bulbs I need for the lights for the speedo and the fuelgauge???
    Thanks Brian

2. beachinblazer

beachinblazer Registered Member

its just ugly black behing the aluminum. the bulbs are just regular instrument panel bulbs and the guages share them. while its off, you mgiht as well replace all of em

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I tried to clean,and polish the alum. trim. Didn't work,so I just pulled it off. I like the look of the all black dash..

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I pulled it off the dash trim piece on the drivers side, and it was just aluminum glued to the textured black plastic they used on the non silverado's. Problem was, the glue was hard, and with the texture, didn't look easy to remove. Maybe it is though, since somone has apparently done so. Since the black pieces were stock, you could just go get one from a yard if you wanted to.