Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gauge compartment

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mccomas, Sep 13, 2003.

1. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

can someone tell me where i can pick up this stock (or reproduction) gauge holder; my 86 k5. it is the "aqua green" compartment that the stock gauges mount to and the printed circuit board mounts behind. i am doing some maintenance and this plastic piece has several panel light holders that are deformed to the point that my gauge lights will not stay seated. i can pick up the printed circuit from lmc but can not find the gauge compartment anywhere. suggestions....

[​IMG]

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

cheapest place would be a salvage yard. ive seen new go for close to 100.00. there was a couple on ebay, do search under k5 blazer. hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Please fill out your profile so we know who you are and where you are. Maybe someone close to you can help IF they knew where you were. As said above, try the salvage yard. And welcome aboard.

4. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

I may have one (NOS/New Old Stock) I'll be back home this evening and I'll check it for ya... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My question is, where's the first place to look if your dash lights are out? I let my truck sit a year and it all of a sudden has no dash lights.

6. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

behind the plastic compartment that holds the gauges there is a printed circuit board (it is a flexible board). take a circuit tester and see if you have voltage where the individual panel lights plug in. when removing the entire cluster, it is easer if you feed a bit of speedo cable through the engine compartment once you remove the screws. with the tension removed from the speedo cable, the cluster will pull away from the dash much easer...

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Oh screw that then, I guess it's time for the full autometer setup for me. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif My tach lights up that's what tells me my speed anyway.