Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gauge/lights

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by win717, Feb 3, 2004.

1. win717

win717 Registered Member

I have a 79 blazer got it back together once again,but now I have a new problem..When I drive down the road my volt gauge goes down..if i have my head lights on they start to dim just a little if I turn off the truck and restart it,it sounds like the battery is bout half dead,When i come to a stop with the lights on or off the volt gauge goes back just above the center til I pull out again then it goes back down..I did replace the alternater(2 times,thought i might have gotten a bad one)and it has a new battery

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

sounds like bad alt or u got a bad ground or losse batt. connection. check yur batt connections again, they may appear tite but arent. also check for any dirt in between the connections. got any pics of yur rig ? id like to see it cuz i got a 79' to.thanks and good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

hey my man, it be helpful if ya filled out yur profile (where yur from) and the specs on yur truck. maybe some one from this site that lives close to u could even swing by and help. just some suggestions. again, good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. win717

win717 Registered Member

I put new battery cables on pos/neg..the guy That had it was big into amps/speakers and he did ALOT of wire hacking..I did notice that he ran an amp wire to the wire that goes from the back of the alt to the firewall..I did pull the amp wire off..not sure if that could be the problem or not I bought a new wire for there..i'm going to try that..just seems as I drive something is draining the battery..I'm sure the alt/battery are good