Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gauge pods on the pillars.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by riz, Aug 13, 2000.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Hey guys,

Do any of you have gauge pods on your pillars ? Do you know where and what kind to get for our Blazers ? I just dropped in a new motor and I want to keep close tabs on my gauges and right now they are small and down under the dash...not good. Please let me know what will work and post pics if you have this type of set-up. Thanx !

L8r,

.Riz.

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Auto Meter makes pillar guage pods that fit Chev trucks. they look pretty good. Dont have a picture but I think Summit or Jegs catalouges have pictures of them.

3. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Any autometer pods that I have seen are for the "new style" chevy pickups. If you find 'em, please post. I've been lookin' too.
    John

So Much to do, So LITTLE cash.

4. jim82

jim82 Registered Member

auto meter only makes them for 88 and up trucks. i think that translates to 91 and up blazers

5. jim82

jim82 Registered Member

i rember a while ago i saw a 2wd on here that the owner made custom pillar mount gauge pods for. i have searched the site for the page or post but i cant find it - theyre probably not too hard to make your own if you want to put in some elbow grease. i would start with junkyard pillar trim for the mounting holes, and fiberglass the pods onto it.

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I didn't know if the ones in Summit would work because they are for newer trucks. I want to put them on the pillars real bad but don't know how to get them there.

L8r,

.Riz.