Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gauge pods

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dodgetruck91, Mar 14, 2004.

1. dodgetruck91

dodgetruck91 Registered Member

does anyone here have gauge pods on their pillar on the k5 or burban? if so where did you get them, i need a 3 but a 2 pod would work. thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. fatboy

fatboy 1/2 ton status

same here but cant find a thing>>>>>am thinking of fiderglassing the ones I have. some of the stereo mags have some articals for modifying the pilers for tweeters. didnt look hard but I will probley screw it up somehow. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

No one makes them to fit our trucks specifically... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am wondering this too. I am going to put a 5" autometer tach in the corner on the dash next to the A pillar and then I would like to have 2 or 3 guages on the pillar itself. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The A-pillar pod seems gimmicky to me and doesn't suit the style of the trucks at all (if they made them).

I had a 3" tach mounted in a points-style distributor cap strapped to my column (12:00 position).

There's ample space next to the headlight switch. My Dad had a 2" transmission temp guage installed there.

That little shelf pocket above the heater controls is useless... I was thinking of cutting that open and mounting a couple of small guages in an aluminum filler plate.

EDIT: Something like this would be good for covering up that center speaker grille that always cracks:

http://store.racinglab.com/undasdualgau1.html

6. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

i wonder if there are any model cars now that have guage pods made for them that would fit or closely fit on our trucks

i wouldnt mind having one