Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gauge Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85threeofive, Dec 14, 2005.

1. 85threeofive

85threeofive Registered Member

:confused: I have a 85 and need to replace a couple lights on my cluster. My question is how the heck do you get the dang thing out. I have all the screws out , the Speedo is whats holding me back. HELP!!! Thanks

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Kinda pull it out a little , and reach behind it and release the clip on the speedo . It should come out .

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

It's a bit of a arm trick. Reach behind, push the tab on the top of the cable in, and pull the cable out. There is a small tab that holds the cable in. You can push on the top of it. Getting a finger up there is the challenge. It's very obvioius once it's out and you can see what held in it.

4. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

If you're just replacing bulbs you dont have to take the whole thing apart, the bulbs are mounted in little plastic bulb retainer things, just reach up under the dash on the back side of the cluster and turn the little knob looking things to take them out, replace the bulb and put it back in. At least that was the way they did it in 75.

5. 85threeofive

85threeofive Registered Member

awesome!, finally got it out, next question.....how do I make the shift indicator correct?

6. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

on the right side of the colum there is a phillips screw holding a bracket with a wire that goes to teh shift indiator needle, loosen the screw and move the bracket untill it lines up the way you want it.