Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gauge questions.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by unicknn, Aug 23, 2002.

1. unicknn

unicknn 1/2 ton status

Im looking at putting in a few gauges to moniter my truck a little better. Right now im looking for oil, water, trans and cyl head temp, oil pressure and maybe a couple of others. I also need a gauge pannel that will fit most of them. Anyone know of any brands I should be looking at? Also whats the difference in 2-1 and 2-5 gauges. And when the measure these gauges they say 8" or 16". Is this how big thay are around or is it the diamiter? Id apreciate any info yall got.

thanx
    nick

2. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

Hmm, I'll do my best here... I think the ones you called 2-1 and 2-5 are sizes, 2" and 2 5/8" those are standard sizes for temperature and pressure gauges. I've never seen an 8" or 16" gauge in a regular truck, so I don't know what you mean on those. I'd say go for water temp, oil press, trans temp and fuel level mounted in your stock locations for gauges. The 2 5/8's will fit with a dremel too and about 30 mins of your time. Since you are doing those gauges, now would be a good time to put in a tach and speedo if you want to. I did all mine at the same time with Autometer Pro Comps, looks great and they are alot more accurate, or atleast I hope they are. Use mechanical gauges wherever you can.