Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gauge up grade?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4u2drull, Jan 27, 2003.

1. 4u2drull

4u2drull Newbie

Was woundering if anyone has tried it or seen it done or heard of it being done. OK here it goes I have a 89 chevy pu and I want to change the gauges in the dash if you know that year of truck I dont like how it isnt a needle gauge but instead like a disc with white paint on the left side so the faster you go the more white you see or any of the other gauges too. So I was woundering if any of the newer dashes would work that has the needle, I know that I cant go over a 94 because they changed the interior. But like some of the oil,gas gauge,temp, and volt gauges are in different spots then were mine is Ive seen one done but never got to ask how it was done. Its not a major priority but when I have time it will get changed out.
    Thanks for any input.

2. BlackDog714

BlackDog714 1/2 ton status

Actually they are plug and play! I have a friend that replaced the entire interior in his 89 with a wrecked 98. Everything bolted right in (including the dash!).