Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gauges

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TexasT, May 15, 2003.

1. TexasT

TexasT Registered Member

Has anyone used the Summit brand of Gauge. Who makes them. I don't want to scrimp on price but for the same thing these appear to be about half as much money. It is part number sum-g2972Summit Link

Rich

2. alesko

alesko Registered Member

I just intalled a set of the summit 2 5/8"
    white face on my 69 camaro and they look good and seem to work good but I cant say anything about long term.

3. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

I ran a set in my Furd and i will never run summit gauges again. The oil pressure gauge wouldnt return to zero after a couple months (stopped around 20 psi) and the temp gauge never seamed to go above 200 no matter what i was doing. When i blew out a thermostat gasket and all my coolant leaked out on the highway the temp gauge never went above 200! Just my 2 cents but i wouldnt buy them. The autogauge kits are a much nicer gauge for just a little more money then the summit ones.