Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

gave my notice, now I need a JOB>

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by darkshadow, Aug 19, 2006.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

Well i had enuff, far far to many hours, not enuff pay, working out of town and not seeing my family, and not to mention hauling my ass for 12 hours a day MINIMUM up to 16, and being totaly unapreceated despite the slacers that work with us, and the fact the boss just cant find anyone to hire.

Of his last two hires one is a 17 year old kid who is 300+ lbs of fat useless stupid, and the other was crying on his 2ed day and quit 3 times in a week.

So i gave my boss my notice last night felt good too, he took it well but thought it was all about the money and told me how much i would lose doing anything elce, I told him how my last job payed more but i quit because the boss was an old italian that never stoped yelling.

my boss dropped a 1800 DOLLER box of custom ordered screws on a job site dumped them out in the gravel, and left, I picked them all up and left them on his desk, never even said thank you. ass.

so I got a few options, my brother want to get me into the electrical union(his company just joined) he and an old boss would vouch for my hours and try to get me in to a 2ed or 3red year position.

a chevy buddy brought my resume into his work for a mechenical company to do mantanance, this would be nice, van, gas card, CC, and phone to take home!

a local trailer manufatuer is looking for welders, need to drop a resume off.

and with less hours I could finaly start doing some contracting and switch to that ful time eventual.

hope to be back on more now brothers

dave

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

oooo... trailers... :grin:

j

3. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I've done that before, just had enough and said 'fairwell' . Felt very good to do. That was when I joined the carpenters union 10 years ago. Best thing I've ever done.

Good luck!

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Whats up with your sig? Strange......

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yes it is from a Matt Good song, you have never hurd of him, he is Canadian, but quite good.