Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GAWD I LOVE MY JOB!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KRAZIE87K5, Aug 8, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Just thought I would share! Maybe everyone can post up what they like about their jobs... but here is my story:

Any body have a push over for a boss? How about a pushover that doesn't know what he/she is doing? How bout a stupid push over w/o a spine? LMAO... you get the idea. I love when my boss comes marching into my office with a new great idea, demanding that I get right on making it come to life. I love it even more, when I tell him "NO WAY IN HELL, YOU CRAZY SOB!" I'll then proceed to talk nasty about him to his face, and then tell him to go back to his desk to dream up ANOTHER CRAZY ASS IDEA and come back later. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Anybody else out there as lucky as me?!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

-Dan

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

lmao!!!!!!! to funny /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Jealous? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Ain't it a beautiful thing?!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

-Dan

4. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

I get to do it alot.

I'm a Land Surveyor working for a Civil Engineering firm. I get to tell the Civil Engineers on almost a daily basis how f'ed up their plans are and how I redesigned what they did in the field.

Why someone with a Civil Engineering degree cannot do some basic checks to make sure they do not have errors is beond me, but it happens constantly.

I yern for the day I work for one that double checks to make sure the sewer he just designed, does infact flow down hill......

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I get to do that indirectly...I bring in the engineered print to the office and ask them exactly how the hell (insert problem) is supposed to work. I usually get a puzzled look and then they start calling the guy that engineered the print. Usually after a couple of days I get a completely new print...sometimes the problem is even fixed! LOL

As for verbally telling my boss he's a jack-ass? Uhhh, no. I get this thing every 2 weeks called a paycheck and it's somewhat important to me... /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Rene

6. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

If you tell your boss he's a moron in the right manner...he will actually have to thank you. I call my boss number 1 and hold up middle finger to demonstrate. He laughs because he's a half-wit booty smooch.

7. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i don't rip my boss, but i can come and go pretty much as i please, and take almost whatever day off i want.
    i make sure my waterfowl are in a linear arrangement, of course, but after that, it's all CK5.com, and surfin.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

My bosses are great. My direct supervisor is one of the top engineers in the world, and he more or less gives me free reign and trusts my judgement quite a bit. And he *ahem* overlooks my occasional "delayed train"...

I've had bosses that are too stoopid to tie thier own shoes, though, and relied wholly on other people to create an appearance of function. Unfortunately, their ego was in the way of any self-improvement, so I waited patiently for the "give em enough rope, they'll hang themselves"...

I'm never quick to criticize, though! I find all too often as I think about something, I find more ways to make it work or reasons why it won't work...

I've been dwelling a lot lately on what makes success and how to achieve it, then how to know you've achieved it...

9. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I have my 'ways' /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

We call her OCB (obsessive compulsive bitch). She thinks she's intelligant...she trys to act intelligant...but she just isn't that intelligant. Ooooo she can be a lot of fun for me /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    It doesn't take much for me to get her really confused /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif