Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GAWD I love this thing!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wheelnut46, Dec 17, 2001.

1. wheelnut46

wheelnut46 1/2 ton status

I have to tell you. I love this truck. Its not because its new to me. I had a 84 Dodge pickup when I was 19 and I had more fun 4 wheeling with it. I sold it in Maine. A few years later I had a 84 GMC K2500 with a built 350, dual exhaust... that thing screamed. I sold the GMC after my son was born because the truck rode way too harsh for a baby to ride in so I bought the POS 88 Toyota 4 Runner that you all have heard about. It was supposed to be the grown up thing, a family SUV type vehicle. I built a trailer to pull behind it so I could still haul wood. That thing stayed with me for 4 years and I hated every one of them. Its not a bad truck. I just dont like it. I think I like the Jimmy the best.
    This thing drives like a truck but it doesnt bust your kidneys. It has the best brakes of any of them. I think it might have a sharper turning radius than my 4 Runner did. My dog likes it. He threw up in the Toyota - I always did like that dog.
    If I didnt have to pay for the gas - I would like it even more.

Bill
    '77 GMC Jimmy
    '46 chevy pickup
    '67 Chevelle Malibu

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!! Oh man... the dog comment is hilarious. [​IMG] I really like Toyotas, but the blazer I have is just plain bad@ss! I love it... You just can't get a meaner and natier looking rig then the 73-87 GM trucks

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

3. wheelnut46

One other thing - Visability is GREAT! You can practically see everywhere in there. Not like "My truck is so high - I can see my house from up here" kind of way. I just mean traffic. The POS 4-Runner had blind spots bad!
    Anyway, I'm just spreading the joy.

Bill
    '77 GMC Jimmy
    '46 chevy pickup
    '67 Chevelle Malibu

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I have to agree with the being up higher thing- I HATE driving a car for that fact... I'll take my K5, or the 2500HD ANYDAY over ANY CAR... it kind of makes me feel "better than the rest" what I mean by that is, if you hit me, and I'm in my K5, chances are I'm gonna walk away, while you in your little POS honda civic are gonna end up in a body cast- I felt the same way with my burb- of course, don't we all feel that way?. I think thats one of the reasons more and more women are driving SUV's, its the feeling of security I get when I'm in mine- that makes it better than anything else I could be driving.

--Brandy

LOVING the new Duramax!!!

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I love my blazer. I used to love pickups, but I don't see a real need for them unless you're hauling goosenecks (and even then it wouldn't take much to drop a hitch in there and just take the top off). The blazer will do anything a pickup can and more. It's just perfect for me [​IMG]. I love that truck. And the looks I get driving it! LOL! I love it!

<font color=blue>What part of my brilliance do you not understand?</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

6. wheelnut46

I still miss the pickup. I burn wood all winter and a pickup is really convenient. Problem is that my wife, son and dog cant all fit into the cab of a pickup. I cannot afford anything like a newer extra cab type truck - and I dont know how to fix the newer stuff anyway. Pallets are plentiful and free and they burn well, but they dont fit into the back of the Jimmy with the back seat in. Gonna have to get a reciever hitch and continue to pull my trailer.

Bill
    '77 GMC Jimmy
    '46 chevy pickup
    '67 Chevelle Malibu