Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gawd it's quiet here lately!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Yukon Jack, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Gawd it\'s quiet here lately!

So . . . I will post up on my progress. The K20 is STILL at the body shop, supposed to be done today - I won't be holding my breath. Literally only a few hours of paint time to be completed - just having trouble getting the body guy to finish it.

Have a car show where alot of my buddies meet at the end of Sept. that I really wanted to take the K20 to - but not sure that is gonna be possible at this point.

Been working on the K5 when I can find time. Trying to get it running so I can at least take it to the show so I don't have to drive my 95 Yukon. Have replaced all the rubber hoses under the hood and need to put in new plugs and wires and put a different carb on it. Also gonna throw on an HEI. Then I need to replace the clutch and reinstall a 4 speed and NP205. Have to replace all the U-joints in the driveshafts and might have to modify the rear shaft as I am also putting in 3/4 ton axles at this point. A buddy has the 14 bolt and will be cutting off the old solid perches with his plasma cutter and I need to do some work to the front axle.

Lots to do, just not enough time to get it all done.

What is everyone else doing lately?

Burt - how's your project coming along?

2. bigmike72

bigmike72 Registered Member

Re: Gawd it\'s quiet here lately!

I don't post much here but I'm currently working on getting a ZZ383 setup in my blazer. Should finally be done this weekend. I just keep finding more to do like rewiring everything /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Next step, I need to look at doing something with my rocker boxes since the truck is sagging towards the middle. I'm thinking of going the square tube as a rocker box replacement route...then on to doing someting about the strengthening or replacing the 12-bolt and the rear driveshaft u-joints (which will probably die sooner rather than later with the new engine).

I could go on and on, but I guess that's the way it goes. There's always something else to do on the blazer /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Wassup YJ
    Well the MPFIBBC is getting closer to pick up time /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    My engine builder has the shortblock done now and the heads should be going on very soon. I should end up around 9:5 compression. The whole rotating assy is balanced from the dampner all the way to the pressureplate /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    This badboy should spin forEVER and reliability is up as well.
    I got my Edelbrock FI chip burned and installed into the computer.
    Basically waiting for the long block then I can finnish with the crossmember install & Hydro clutch stuff.
    From there put the intake and FI harness in and etc....
    I hope to have it done by the holidays /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    I feel like a virgin it's been so long sence I drove my K5 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Other than that still trying to 'find' money to buy an 05Crewcab Duramax 4x4 daily driver /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Some of us have been spending too g*d d@mn much time at work to help pay for some of my modification addiction /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif*#$!%@!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark

I'll second that Old Dawg, The jimmy is in the garage, paint and body all done, Speed liner done. Now am working on putting all the lights and dash stuff back on. Need to order seats and some other doo dads. Lots of buying screws, bolts, J clips, and the like. Then on to the axle swap, Engine swap, New soft top and numerous other mods and messes like wiring. Yuck /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. Yukon Jack

Got the gas tank reinstalled last night after putting in a new sending unit and having the tank cleaned up a while ago. Put all new rubber lines in place of the brittle old ones.

Also, just starting the process of pulling the 4 speed tranny to put in a new clutch and then swap in a different 4 speed and NP205 setup. Going to pull the tranny through the interior but not sure of what is the easiest way to go when I reinstall the tranny and transfer case. Right now the transfer case is already gone - PO broke it and removed it.

7. Yukon Jack

Got the old clutch and flywheel removed last night and the flywheel is being resurfaced now. Hope to install the replacement clutch tonight and the tranny and transfer case as soon as I can. Brought the front driveshaft with me today to get new U-joints. Will do the rear as soon as I see if I have to modify the lenght to work with the 14 bolt. Slowly getting closer to having a running K5!

8. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Good job YJ!
    At this rate your K5 will be rolling before mine /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifhahaha
    Burt