Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gay Mayors

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Feb 26, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

WTF's up with these mayors??

"I have a duty to do right, so I'm going to do what's right."
    After years of gay's wanting to get married and now getting media attention, suddenly various mayors all decided marrying gay people was right? We have one of them in New York (state) now.

If I start seeing Sam's and Joe's or Suzy's and Joann's gawking over each others rings when I'm walking to work, I'm gonna become a conservative activist. Don't take your mental illness public and MAKE me allow it by law!!

I don't get gay logic. They push for a seperate school in New York City for "gay" kids so they don't get beat up for being gay in public schools (apparently, while not old enough to make a good moral decision on acohol consumption, cigarette smoking, or democratic voting, some kids are mature enough to be trendy and go Gay), but they think pushing marriage is going to be a good thing for the movement?? I think they had a good thing while it lasted, now people are getting pissed, and when people get pissed, they're more likely to say something and take a stand or vote on an issue.
    And why the **** is Rosy O Donell in the news???? Why does she not GO AWAY!?! Know why? Because some dumbass with a camera and a tv network will put what she says on the air instead of an intelligent person with something to say, and stupid people that think TV is all true and everything from it is something worth reference will keep watching.
    And Ted Kennedy says "Why are we talking about a constitutional amendment for something that's not an issue?" Apparently, Ted's head is deeper into the bottle than it looks, if he hasn't seen the news, polls, or public spectacle going on right now, and is blind enough to say this is not an issue.

P.S. Hey cali peeps, keep Rosy, please!!!

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't get gay logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their logic is that they are hypocritical dumbfawk drama queen attention whores.

They whine and cry about getting treated equally, they whine and cry about the 'moral majority' pushing their views and values onto them; but they will throw their lifestyle into everyones' faces and I'm just about sick of their bullsh*t.

They are just pulling this crap so they can say "HEY, LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!"

Of course it doesn't help that marriage itself has been defined by the government, and it has been taken further through employee benefits and taxes and everything else. So now we are stuck listening about their antics in San Francisco nightly.

So with that being said, I could really give a flying [darn] and a half if gays get married, I just don't want to have to hear about it day in, day out, night in, night out.

Marriage is a spiritual commitment between two people, be it man and woman, woman and woman, dog and man, cat and dog; who decide to love and care for each other. It's not some tax break, eligible for benefits dance.

So thank you to all the governmental entities that have mucked something else up..................

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Well said BRB /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

thats why god made adam and eve not adam and steve /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

homosexual
    its a sexual preference. a fetish. gone awry.

i think its funny how far people will go with this crap

6. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    thats why god made adam and eve not adam and steve /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. rjfguitar

I am very against the "gay" life style, it is a sickening disgusting morally wrong way of life and I firmly believe that marriage is only between a man and woman and no other. I know it is a little right wing radical but I don't believe that gays should have any of the benifets that hetero couples have and that homosexuality should be looked very down apon like it used to be. I believe that keeping them from being able to marry along with other benifets that are romoved from them are important to discourage that kind of lifestyle. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Sadly, they are perverting the young, and if parents keep letting liberal teachers and irresponsile journalism teach thier kids morality, it will keep going. Over 61% of americans that support Gay marriage are under 30 years old. Go to New York city, and it's almost trendy.

You know that bonehead Rosy said Bush's comments on gay marriage were Immoral? They are trying to redefine moral, so that what was moral, is now immoral.

10. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ok my view on this dam thing..

How is it that this [darn] of a mayor can "just start" giving out state lic on STATE PAPER..when it is clearly defined that marrage is between a man and woman...
    Do you think that is one of us did that we would still be in office and not locked up...hell no we would be in sing sing faster then a gay at a fashion sale....
    I dont in any way shape or form belive what they are doing is right...( I am not a church goer either..By anymeans) they need to keep it in the closet where is belongs...
    This mayor (as reported even on the news) is breaking the law and continues to do so...WTFFFF They say...we cant or wont arrest him because that is for the courts to decide(again if it was US we would be in JAIL)...bullsheet it is in the books as not being legal so it is ILLEGAL , UNTILL the homo judge overturns it because he is afraid of being jump by the gays and given a make over...

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I want to marry a 12 year old boy and I think it should be legal. The government can't discriminate against me because I'm a Petophile.

If I can't marry your 12 year old boy I'll just marry my son.

-Michael Jackson

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I try to ignor stuff like this. I'm a live and let live kind of guy. As long as they leave me alone, don't try to push thier lifestyle on me, I'll be more then happy to continue ignoring them. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif BTW, liston to the song "AIDS" by M.O.D. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    I want to marry a 12 year old boy and I think it should be legal. The government can't discriminate against me because I'm a Petophile.

If I can't marry your 12 year old boy I'll just marry my son.

-Michael Jackson

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

14. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

Im a consevative and somewhat a christian and I could care less if ppl are gay. I know there will be less ppl in hevan to breath up the air. What I cant stand about homos is how they have to rub their gross lifestyle in my face. With all their parades and crap. Be gay if you want to but dont tell me about it. DONT ASK DONT TELL!!!

15. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Another part of our screwed up, imperfect world.

We try, overall, to do whats right. That started out in US history as creating equal rights, and things like that. But then others have to take it too far, and push for things they claim should be rights, which in my opinion are immoral actions... or immoral preferences. Then we have inequality from equality, cause everyone wants special rights. The Gov't tries to come up with a way to solve everyone's problems and complaints, but there is now way to do that.

It's almost like a spectrum, starting low then reaching a peak, then dropping back down again. We start out very unequal and immoral in society (with things such as slavery, persecution, segregation etc). We overcome that and make attempts to rid ourselves of whats wrong. Then people take and use the same reasoning used to get rid of the past wrongdoings, to support what they want (in this example, gay marriage rights). Then, on my little morality scale, we are dropping back down again.

I wish I could try and make that sound more clear. Oh well. All I know is (like many have said), I don't care what decisions others make because they are their decisions not mine. I don't necessarily agree with what they decide. I dont think smoking is a good idea and I dont drink, but as long as it doesnt negatively affect me, it's not my place to say what can be done. However, I'll never agree or feel comfortable with the idea of homosexual marriages. In my opinion of what is right, God created things to work in a certain order. Just like alot of other bad things that happen in the world, gay marriages in my opinion is a breach of the intended order of things.

16. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Now 2 good looking Women munching on some Muff is Cool, /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifbut 2 guys packing each others poop Chutes is Sick /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

17. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

[ QUOTE ]
    Now 2 good looking Women munching on some Muff is Cool, but 2 guys packing each others poop Chutes is Sick

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for elevating this conversation to a higher level...... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

18. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Now 2 good looking Women munching on some Muff is Cool, /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifbut 2 guys packing each others poop Chutes is Sick /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

19. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Going down the post train distributing thoughts

Newyorkin -

If you don't like the news or what's happening, ignore it, it's not doing anything personally to you. This is the same way blacks went through getting equal rights back in the day, and they had the same people saying they shouldn't have any.

I hate RO'D too, but you can just ignore the news and read a book you know

BRB -

I agree, most is want for attention, few of them, I think really WANT to get married. Marriage is a concept in line with the morals and standards of the "old world" thinking anyway

rjfguitar -

I've argued this before with you, you're running without reason on biased values, be that as it may, think them away, but don't start ramming them down other peoples pipes or you are in fact the mirror of what you "hate". The way you argue, it's just a majority feeling, whichever side has the most like-minded people wins. You may end up on the minority one day arguing for your beliefs, but well you have a bad track record with them so.... Anyway, just don't go play gay safari or anything, leave em be and it'll die off or be resolved.

Oh and again, sarcastic returned when edited argument that makes no sense because yours doesn't - "I believe that keeping Rjf from being able to lift his truck to tall, along with all automotive choices, are important to discourage that kind of lifestyle." Tall truck making bastard!

Newyorkin -

"You know that bonehead Rosy said Bush's comments on gay marriage were Immoral? They are trying to redefine moral, so that what was moral, is now immoral. "

A while ago it used to be moral to slaughter blacks, rape women at will, and beat them. Farther back, if you were lucky, it used to be moral to kill anyone you please. Divine right of god. Speaking of him, I am against some gay relationships, those between priests and alterboys, oh wait that was morality handed down by the makers of what is moral, so I guess we'll just cover that up. Though unlike this threads issue, it IS actively damaging someone.

Mike'sk5

Yes they are breaking the law, but they are doing so in a system which partially allows them too, and popularity is much more potent than what is right.

84_Chevy_K10

While funny, I really don't think MJ did anything atrocious, just weird (SLEEPING with a kid) That logic won't work because there is harm in it. Non Consensual and whatnot.

Z3PR -

Yeah, that works

Unick -

Yes, exactly, flaunting it for attention pisses me off too

mountainexplorer -

Well thought out and articulated, but slavery and persecution were though as acceptable and morally right by the same set of morals that arise today against this issue and there were old people them who thought the world was going to hell like you do now, but for better or worse it's still here, with a few different rules

mudjunkie 82

Yeah, hypocrisy, mmmmmhmmmm, hey look Bruce Willis!

Anyway, I'm not against or really for the issue, but I felt like I should get my opinion out there. I break it down like this

1. You see it as PRO-motion of an idea, well in some ways it is, but they don't have the right to get married, and on an issue as simplified as IO VS II or OO I don’t think it's a seventh sign. The ones who really just want to get married are in the right, those who use it to promote an idea are veering off the path. I don't promote off roading or CCW, but if you infringe upon my rights to do so, you'll see me there, gun in hand.

2. In no way does this really hurt anyone in any tangible way, they already have non married benefits at work and whatnot when they are quasi married, so it's not like "Tax cut for homos"

3. Someday, These Guys , may help me out when my rights or nonrights get downtrodden

4. Yes the situation is illegal, so were almost all black demonstrations back in the day too

Sorry if I was inarticulate in any argument or statement, or if I interjected opinion in an improper place

Anyway..... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

20. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif