Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GEAR BRANDS(WHAT'S THE BEST)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MJB774X, Dec 18, 2002.

1. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

GEAR BRANDS(WHAT\'S THE BEST)

I'm going to purchase new 4:56 gears for my 14bff. I've always have had richmonds in all my other rearends with good results except in my k5. I went through 3 twelve bolts all having richmond gears, everytime my rearends blew it was the ring and pinion. Does anyone have good experience with other brands? I will be using the gears with a detroit. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Re: GEAR BRANDS(WHAT\'S THE BEST)

Funny You should say 12b and Richmond gears
    My Rear end has 4.56 it's a 12b and the pinon bearing went out, Hell it's so bad right now it's sick. Anyway I just read in a 4x4 mag that the 12b has a problem with pinon bearings failling
    I like Richmond and will still use them, 4WP has US Gear and they offer a life time warrenty no matter what happens to them
    Something to think about

Eric

3. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

a lot of it has to do with how the gears are setup but i go with precision gear for their manufacturing quality.

4. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

PRECISION GEAR!!!! These guys are great. I got my 4.56's for my 12B a year ago and haven't had any problems. I've been runnin 39.5's on my 12B for 4 months now. I've heard many great things about precision gear and I highly recommend them.