Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gear heads in Md,Pa or Va

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by echos, Dec 5, 2005.

1. echos

echos Registered Member

Any close to Baltimore that is very familiar with NOS?

2. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I am somewhat farmiliar with it what seems to be the question?

what type of nos?

3. echos

echos Registered Member

Just looking for a hand for installation, been about 4 years since i ran the stuff. System is Nos big shot plate system 200-400. I can pretty much figure it out by the directions, but someone with experience may mean the diff between working or meltdown. Timing is my main concern, looking at getting the msd timing computer #8980 and the msd retard module #8678.

4. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

i dont know much about msd... how much shot are you adding to your rig cause thats what determines where the timing should be. also make sure to get a fuel regulator so you can adjust your flow rate. if its a reletivly stock motor i would only run like 100hp shot if not forged pistons. if your running 100 retard your timing 5-6 degrees with 6 psi fuel pressure

5. echos

echos Registered Member

Got the fuel regulator, will be 200 shot, nos instructions say retard timing 2* every 50 hp so total will be 8*, thinking 10* at first to be safe. The msd products are so you can control the timing from inside the vehicle. If you want to give a hand and see if we can do this without burning some pistons let me know, thanks for the replies.

6. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I would deffinetly be interested but time isnt ever on my side even for my truck but I will see what happens (work is slowing down it seems) here in the future. I have a nitrous works 150-300 plate system that ive never used yet and ive done some extensive reading on setting up nitrous in the past so if I ever do find the time to come down and check it out or help you set it up I dont forsee anyproblems. you should get a bottle warmer and a pressure gauge for your bottle because if the bottle pressure isnt at the optimal pressure that could cause problems with it running lean and eventually burning a hole in your pistons.