Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gear Indicator

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skink4president, Jan 24, 2006.

1. skink4president

skink4president Registered Member

Finally got around to replacing my gear indicator on my '73 k5. (not exactly a lift kit or new tranny but it needed fixing:D) I got one of those replacement pieces from LMC but I have a feeling something else was missing. The cable that connects the column to the indicator needle seems way too long. When I adjust it shorter and put the shifter through the gears it just wants to crank down and not across the indicator. It occured to me yesterday that there might be a pin missing that the cable passes over before dropping down to the column. Can anyone verify? Am I connecting wrong? I never got a chance to see what it looked like from the factory only what the previous owner had butchered in an earlier attempt to fix:surepal:

2. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

On the gauge cluster their is a pivit point taht the cable need to go to... But most of them have broken... I screwed a screw at the area that broke off and then ran it around the screw

3. skink4president

skink4president Registered Member

Thanks! That's what I thought. I'm going to try and put a SS pin in there.