Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gear Install

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Me89'Jimmy, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

ok i bought new gears for my truck because im running bigger tires (4.88 and 35's) i figured i could get the gears installed for under 5 evidently i was wrong ive been quoted 800 900 and a grand to get them put in. Does anyone know somewhere on the east coast where i can get them installed for something other than highway robbery? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Good grief thats ridiculous! Ill check with my boss to see what he'd say. He put a gear set in a mustang a while back for 200.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You could always attempt it yourself. I think I'm going to give it a try next time.

4. troyboy

troyboy Registered Member

i do them on the side at home rear $150 labor
    frt $225 labor im on md /pa line if interested

5. Panther212

Panther212 Registered Member

Do it yourself, I've heard that it's not too difficult there's just a few things you have to watch for. You don't even need many special tools, just access to a press and an in/lb torque wrench I think... There should be an article in the tech section of this site on gear installs, but they have it professionally done /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif