Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. 87 mid canada k5

87 mid canada k5 1/2 ton status

I've heard of 3.91 gears, do they have them for a chevy 10 bolt? Don't hear many people talking about them. Anyone running a set? I think they'd be a good match for my 33's as far as mileage and better performance I don't believe 3.73's are going to give me the extra snap I'm looking for.

Denis

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Can't say I've seen very many of them... I don't even think they are available in the truck 12B's or 10B's, but could be wrong. Mostly was a gear available in some of the older muscle cars. I think 4.10's would be almost the same... There isn't a huge change from 4.10's to 3.73's. Alot of guys are running 3.73 w/ 33's and loving it... excellent gas milage and good pep... especially w/ the 700r4 w/ the already low 1st gear.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

3. 87 mid canada k5

87 mid canada k5 1/2 ton status

Well she's in the shop now, just waiting to see what's actually broken in there, and they're gonna let me know if my carrier will take the 4.10's or not. thx for the feedback!

Denis