Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GearHeadVille

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Sep 29, 2003.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

In the spirit of this recent post:

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=non4x4&Number=861145&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

and over the years I've thought of what my ideal community would be like...

When I become Almighty Ruler of the Universe (it's only a matter of time now...) here's how I'll create the towns.

Please jump in with your suggestions. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif All communities will be named with some sort of automotive connotation, ie 'GearHeadVille'. A few examples of words that will NOT be alowed in my community names are 'Meadows' and 'Creek'. (Once you build houses on it, it isn't a Meadow anymore. And a Creek that runs through town is also known as a 'Sewer'.)

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Every home will have a minimum of a 3 car garage, and it will be strongly suggested that a 30x60 outbuilding will accompany each home.

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif You will be required to have at least one inoperable vehicle at all times. This will encourage projects and help save underprivelaged vehicles. If you get your project vehicle running you will be required to immediately disassemble one of your other vehicles.

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Instead of sidewalks or walking trails, there will be 4x4 trails winding throughout everyone's property. If someone gets stuck in your yard in the middle of the night, you will be expected to yank them out if they need their rig to get to work in the morning.

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif There will be a fully functioning 1/4 mile dragstrip on one side of the community, so that if you want to run the strip on your way to, or home from, work all you have to do is use that entrance.

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif The neighborhood Kwikie Mart will have a garage bay with a vehicle hoist that you can use at your convenience.

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif If you have a problem with one of your neighbors, you will be required to actually speak to that neighbor rather than calling me to complain about him/her. If you cannot resolve your differences, you will be entered in a caged death match with said neighbor. If it isn't worth fighting to the death over, you are encouraged to keep your eyes on your own plate.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure more will come to me as I mull it over for a few days.

Paul

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

hahahahaha. sounds good to me. o can i be in a managerial position??? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Woohoo, where do I sign??? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Woohoo!! I'm gonna create the lovely community of "Xploderton" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I promise you a Christmass tree at every intersection (no such thing as Stop Lights in GearHead Ville)
    and
    Two Junk Yards on every block. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I promise you a Christmass tree at every intersection (no such thing as Stop Lights in GearHead Ville)
    and
    Two Junk Yards on every block. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an awesome idea!!! A Christmas tree at every intersection, and then a digital readout down the block a bit to show you your reaction time! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif