Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Jul 5, 2000.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Jun 1, 2000
    I have 3.42s in my 10 bolts right now. I am running 33" BFGs and do most of my driving on the road. I want to put 4.10s in my Blazer but I want to know if I will lose my top end power around 80-85 mph. And how much can I expect it to cost to regear?
  2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    I think you will be fine with 4.10, but if you wanna be sure, go to http://www.4lo.com and check what RPM you will be running at in one of their tables.

For the cost, it can vary depending if you get used gears of new gears. New gears will be about $175-200 each axle, plus a set of bushings, bearings, shims, etc. These can come in a kit and range from the simplest pinion install kits about $40 to a complete axle rebuild kit that runs about $100 per axle. Add to this the cost of the installation. Remember you must do both axles at the same time unless you NEVER drive in 4wd.

Hope this helps.

<font color=blue>//////
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]