Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gears??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85GMCJimmy, Apr 15, 2000.

1. 85GMCJimmy

85GMCJimmy Registered Member

Is the main reason why i cannot spin out very easily is because my low gear ratio?? I am still running stock gears 3:07. And still have 31 inch tires... I also have a 350 with a 700r4 tranny. Is the gears the main reason why it is hard to get them to break lose?? Thats what i have always told my friends...

2. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

It's most likely lack of power.Those years of motors ran great but were not horsepower kings.How many miles does it have on it.Those trannys had pretty low stall torque converters that don't let the engine rev very high before tring to move.

3. 85GMCJimmy

85GMCJimmy Registered Member

well i have an engine that came from gm it was installed about 3 years ago,, and also a fairly new jasper 700r4 transmission. the type of 350 i have is just the universal 350.. it only cranks out about 185,, i want a 383 now

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

I'd say its a combination between the gears and the engine. If you swapped your gears for something like 4.11's, it would help, but your truck still wouldn't be a tire smoker.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad