Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gears???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nicotine, Jan 22, 2004.

1. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

what is price for gears front and rear in your guys location including install. a guy quoted me 1500 wiht a new bearing and gear and rear detroit does this sound about right?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

This is a time old question. I still say you're cheaper to buy a set of 3/4 ton axles from a 77 to 87 K20 with the lower gears already in them.

3. nicotine

nicotine 1/2 ton status

what does a d60 run? i have a 14 bolt but i want lower gears.

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

gears go for 4-500 each not including install kits i believe, detroit is 3-400 i think, and install is kinda $$ too so i think that is a good price, but i dont have a whole lot of experiance with prices so dont take my word for it.

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

You can have 8-900 in the rear alone if you are going with all new stuff. Get a break down on the pricing, and some references for the guy.

Like Z3PR said, finding donor axles in GOOD shape is usually more economical.

D60 price? That would depend on how good you are at wheeling and dealing. Usually quite pricey. Some peeps on here have 400+ invested into their axles....

P.S. Be more helpful, and put some details into your profile /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Damn, with the prices quoted above, I feel lucky. I bought new 5.13's from the 4WD factory in Austin, TX. The D60 gears are Yukon, and the 14B are OEM and two install kits for $590.00, these were not thick gears. Professional installation will run from $200 an axle up.

7. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I had a couple of shops here in Las Vegas quote me around $600 - $700 per axle. That included gears, bearings, and whatever else was needed. If you wanted a locker, you just pay the price for the locker, since they have to remove the carrier anyways. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rick