Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gearvedors OD for NP205 on Ebay

Discussion in 'General Parts for Sale' started by azblazor, Dec 12, 2003.

1. azblazor

azblazor 1/2 ton status Premium Member

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I have the same unit that I will be selling pretty soon. It is a GV overdrive hooked to an NP205. I will be pulling it out of my 76 Blazer. It comes with everything needed to install it including the documentation. I will be putting it up sometime over the next 6 mos. unless someone just has to have it now.

3. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

Did you have any trouble with it? I am putting a GV OD in my '87 but I NEED the Gear Vendor 205 adaptor. I HAVE the 208 adaptor, if you would consider a trade.
    Steve

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

No trouble with it. I just prefer to have a 700r4 which I intend to buy from Bowtie Overdrive. The GV unit is a sweet setup if driveshaft length won't be an issue. It lets you split gears which is excellent. I plan on selling either the GV unit and keeping the NP205. Or, selling the GV unit attached already to the NP205. Or, selling the TH350/NP205/GV unit all as one unit when the time comes. That would be the easiest for someone since they can just bolt the whole thing up. I don't want to split it all up and part it out if I don't have to.

5. Steve_87K5

Steve_87K5 1/2 ton status

Driveshaft length....If I put in a new rear CV driveshaft, now you got me wondering if that GV is gonna be too long in my K5 (with the 4500 and 205 in front of it)? What's the shortest driveshaft I could use?

6. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Desert Rat, When you are ready and have a resonable price set for any or all of the items above give me a PM. The GV unit is what I'm interested but the rest is good for spares if the price and timeing is right.