Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

geez listen to these kids...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bryguy00b, Apr 10, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

sittin hear in class..and im listing to some kids in front of me talk about camaro's. "dont get those they are a crap car"..."oh..it depends on what one you get..the 98's are junk" uh HUH..."my boyfriend had one and it was fine in the summer but in the winter it was junk" ...umm carbed engines act differently in cold weather!? and then she said..get a trans am.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ... talk about camaro's. "dont get those they are a crap car"

[/ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    and then she said..get a trans am..

[/ QUOTE ]

See if you can sell her a solar powered flashlight, too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    Did they go on to say that camaros didn't have any power due to lack of a huge wing and a fart pipe???

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ..."oh..it depends on what one you get..the 98's are junk" uh HUH..."my boyfriend had one and it was fine in the summer but in the winter it was junk" ...umm carbed engines act differently in cold weather!?

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Did I miss somethin? Last time I seen a car come from the factory w/ a carb was in the late 80s. And I think that was a Yugo. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

And IMO the "problematic" Fbodies were 93 and 94, before GM vented the Opti-Spark box.

5. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

no ur right..they werent saying that a 98 had a carb..she went on to say her boyfriend had a 80 something or other..but chances are that would have been carbed inless it was like 87 and up? not sure if its the same as the trucks or not.

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

AHH that makes more sense.

Most "kids" wouldnt know a carb if they were bonked over the head w/one. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hahah ur right there to..i was talking to this kid the other day who happened to see me stall my truck in the road pulling out of 7-11.. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif..anyway..the next day he told me and im like well yea i have a carb..no FI..its harder to get my truck going when its cold somtimes..and hes like carb?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif hes like i got FI..what year is ur truck? im like..86..hes like man my sh!t's an 85 and i got FI! thats going back a ways he says..im like well not really..and so on but i could tell he didnt have a clue what he was talking about..i hate that.