Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GEICO Insurance Review

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Who's got good things, bad things and/or indifference towards them????????

Reason I ask is because we're looking at different options vehicle insurance wise. I got a quote from Geico and for the K5 and Toy, it's over $300 cheaper a year and adding a motorcycle through Geico, we would save $400 a year going through them than our present company.

Makes sense to make the move on the surface, but if/when you actually need them, are they there for you like they should be?

I have noticed that a lot of people that I stop happen to have Geico.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

A friend of mine used them and later totalled his truck and Geico paid him more than what he paid for the truck to begin with, no questions asked.

3. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I've never had them; however, I know several that have and have heard nothing good except low rates. By that I mean they are cheap & good until you need them. Once you need to make a claim, they are hard to work with, want lots of paperworks, take long time, etc.

Since you are prior military, have you checked USAA. Their # is 800-521-8111. If you have prior service, they are usually the cheapest around and they are awesome to deal with. I had to make a claim with them last year and the were so helpful it was almost scary. Also, while living with my brother in AZ, he mad to make a claim for his house. They were awesome as well. So, two of these :waytogo: :waytogo: for USAA!!!!

4. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I've been with GEICO since the early 1990's and they've been good. Of course - I've never wrecked anything I've ever driven - so I guess they like me too. :whistle:

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I really urge you too check into insurance companys. I'm with Farm Bureau Insurance becouse of what they cover for the rates. I have full coverage on the car, plus a extra four grand for my car stereo system and a additional $20,000.00 in renter's insurance on my apt., and I pay under a hundred a month. It all comes down to what is covered, for how much, at what ammount per month.

6. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've had geico and am now with progressive. Progressive was cheaper for me. I've never had to make an insurance claim (knocking on wood) and am solely here for the lower price.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Farm Bureau can kiss my fat white ass cause they're a bunch of ****ing crooks.....................:mad: :mad: :mad:

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That's fine, all I'm saying is check into a bunch of different insurance companys and see who'll offer the best deal for the best coverage.

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So I take it you don't like the Farm Bureau?
    :haha: :haha: :haha:

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I'm just in a pissy mood because of what happened to my roundy round race tonight and the rules that I'm subjected to because of the bull****...............:mad: :mad: :mad:

And yes, I don't like Farm Bureau. When I got my '94 GMC years ago, we went through them and when they found out I was in the Army and stationed out of state, they cancelled my insurance........................:mad: :mad: :mad:

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

It's cool nothing a tampon won't fix. Anyways I really have nothing to contribute to this post, all I have ever had is 3A and Geico. Currently we have Geico, I don't know what I pay per month the wife does the bills. I do know that our rates went up after the move.

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Tampon my ass, better call King Kong's wife, she might have the size I need at this point.....................................:mad: :mad: :mad:

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

This just might call for a California King pantie liner:D

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I'm starting to cool off a little....................................

As you may know, I do the roundy round online thing on Wednesday nights when I'm home....................................................

Well I went into tonight's race on probation. Seems like the group has a little rule that if you cause two incidents a race, you are on probation the next race and you get off if you don't cause an incident. Well if you cause an incident, then you're booted for the race and rack up a loss of 25 points.......................

So last week I caused two incidents. One where I bumped someone unintentional causing a yellow, and one where the backend came out from underneath coming out of a turn, causing a yellow.

So fast forward to this week. Tonight was the last for sure race for me due to uncertainity in the schedule. Didn't qualify all that great, 11 out of 19, but I can hang with that. Lap 2, go into Turn 1 and I'm running high. Nothing out of the ordinary. Start easing the wheel left to banzai into the corner and the car goes right into the wall. So I'm scraping the wall, figuring no big deal, probably no damage and if there is, it's nothing that can hurt me and can get fixed. So I slow down and start to bring it off the wall (big mistake) cause it seems to take some talent to pull this stunt off while in the turn, but I had confidence in myself. Well as soon as the front end comes off, here comes the back end around and SLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone runs into me and wipes me out of the race. But that doesn't matter because of the BS rule, I'm out of the race, I lose 25 points, I lose more points in the ratings system probably handicapping my run for promotion to the next series and I'm on probation for the next week which at this point I can run if I want, but why should I? It's rookie level and a crashfest every week and if I cause another incident, I'm royally ****ed. Of course it's a track I really need to run, just like tonight's because they are tracks that I'm in contention for.

Oh well, just a game and I think I'll kick on some Beck and shave my face with some mace in the dark:D

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I don't do video games so again I have nothing to add:D
    I should add that the reason My rates went up with Geico is cause they don't give good driver discounts in OK. So technically my rates stayed the same I just lost all my discounts. I though that was pretty much on the same level as getting dry shafted.

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Is that from personal experience?????????????:haha: :haha: :haha:

So far I'm getting a mixed bag of reviews. I got some quotes from Progressive. About the same, though the bike will be a little bit more expensive.

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

No, I just remember you telling me about it. I thought it was pretty gross.

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

You must have me mixed up with dungaree boy from OKC:D

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Speaking of OKC, looks like I'm going back down there on Wednesday for the 400th time this year. Same as last time, I'll be down in the morning hours and plan on hauling ass back this way since I may prestage for New Mexico that night at my dad's house.................

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

:thinking: :thinking: