Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gen 1 doubler?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by crwln73, Mar 31, 2003.

1. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

What do I need to change to clock my 205?
    Is it worth it?
    Im running a 465 and a gen 1 doubler. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

44's not giving you the clearence you hoped for Ken? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

Every little bit helps.
    Havent got the 44 yet.Wife wants to landscape the backyard first.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The only way to do this right is to clock the 205 relative to the factory adapter so you'll need some kind of clocking plate which will cost you spline engagement. We might be able to mill your alum. plate a bit thinner to give some engagement back, it's been a while since I looked at one but it seems like they're pretty thick.

The other way to go is to re-drill the alum. adapter with the rotated bolt pattern then rebuild the crossmember to work with the rotated foot. Or cut the foot off and build another mounting foot somehow.

Either way is a pretty good amount of work.

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Stephen he said "GEN ONE" wouldn't you have to cut the steel tube in the center and rotate the 205 plate X degrees? Isn't a gen 1 doubler all steel? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Gen1 is the original version with the factory adapter at the front of the 205. So the order was:
    203/alum plate/205 adapter/205. We eliminated the factory adapter with the GEN2. The first GEN2 adapters were steel, then we switched to the billet alum. That's probably where the confusion lies.

7. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Gen1 is the original version with the factory adapter at the front of the 205. So the order was:
    203/alum plate/205 adapter/205. We eliminated the factory adapter with the GEN2. The first GEN2 adapters were steel, then we switched to the billet alum. That's probably where the confusion lies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I see now, I thought The Gen 2.mod.0 was the Gen 1. I see the light Dr watson, I see. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif