Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gen 1

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by GreenOne, Jun 19, 2003.

1. GreenOne

GreenOne Newbie

I have come across a Gen 1 Doubler up for sale that has never been installed. I'm told both boxes were rebuilt by ORD. Its set-up for a T350. Just wondering if this would be a good buy for my '76 Shortbox (350/T350/203/D60/14FF/4.56) or if I should just save up and go for a Gen 2 later. Mainly I am concerned about fit and lenght. The asking price is somewhere under $1500.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Get us the guy's name and we'll look up the original order for you so you know what you're getting. We may have to be somewhat careful how we do that for privacy reasons but we can help out.
    What NP205 does it use? It could be only 3" longer than the gen2 setup and in a shortbed it's not a problem.
    Even the gearboxes are worth buying, a full on GEN2 setup like that could run $2200 or so, so it's not a bad deal.
    The GEN2 is a little shorter, clockable (when your order it), and somewhat stronger (depending on the 205 type).
    If the older one works for you, there's nothing wrong with it though.

3. GreenOne

GreenOne Newbie

Thanks much! I'll PM the name to you. I do not know the exact config of the cases.