Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Gen-2 Doubler

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hoax79K5, Feb 27, 2001.

1. hoax79K5

hoax79K5 Newbie

I was woundering if anybody knew anything about the gen-2 doubler. I know that the only one out now is the th-400 version but what I was woundering is how much shorter is the th-350 gen-2 doubler going to be over the gen-1 Doubler? and will you have to use two cross members for the new doubler?

2. fastzilla

fastzilla Registered Member

Call James at ORD... Let him answer your questions, he makes the thing. I called and was teatering between the Klune-v and the doubler. James is so competant and nice that just his helpfulness and customer service made a customer out of me. We talked for quite some time, he was never impatient, and he told me what I needed and what he could do and how to save myself money. The people at Klune-v are ok but the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing there. Plus the advertise a 10spline version but they don't actually have it out yet. James at ORD is your ticket...
    Eddie

3. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

The genII doubler just uses a th400 205 behind the 203 gear case.So if you have a 203 for the th350.Then you would just need there kit and a 205 with the 32 spline input for a th400.I just ordered mine.About the two crossmembers.He said you could use just one because it's shorter.But still recommends two.Mine will have three and 1/4 inch skidplate covering the whole thing.Call him he is very helpfull and knowledgeable.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

You know CK5 hosts a Off Road Design forum that is Moderated by Stephen Watson himself. I'm sure you can find all the information you could ever want on the Gen 2 in the ORD Forum. Stephan a pretty nice guy and more than happy to answer any questions on the ORD products if you not finding it in and existing post. He's in the Forum daily.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>